Lake Travis Scuba dive service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are three divers in my household interested. Let us know.

What is the Shaker Plant?

The Shaker/Screening plant is an old gravel quarry that was used in the construction of Mansfield Dam. It is located South of Sometimes Islands and is supposed to be one of the Best Dives in Travis. (Old roads,walls,remains of buildings ?? ) It is deep though,160+ at normal lake levels so realistically is a Trimix dive.

Have been wanting to dive it for a long time.Went out on a friends boat once and spent 30 minutes swimming over a silt plain looking for it without success.(the lake was low that year)

Mack, Thank you for mentioning Lake Travis Scuba in your posting. Let me take this opportunity to announce the business.

My name is Robert Weiss and I am the owner/operator of Lake Travis Scuba, a dive charter service located on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. The Giant Stride, a customized 30' pontoon boat, is operated from Riviera Marina. Golf carts provided by Riviera Marina can be used to move your gear to the dock for loading to the boat. No walking through mud, grass and over rocks to get to the staging area.

Giant Stride is capable of delivering eight divers to any site on the lake. From Open Water Training to Technical diving, we are able to offer you the convenience of diving on the lake without the crowds above and below the water. Each diver station supports two tanks and storage for your dive gear. Dry storage is also available for your personal items.

Safety is our greatest concern. The boat is equipped with a Oxygen kit, AED, First Aid kit and Back board to handle any emergency. A safety hang bar with surface supplied air is placed in the water for every dive. I am an instructor for American Heart Association and PADI Emergency First Response.

The web site is under development and will soon change, but for now the primary information is on the temporary site. To schedule a charter or for more information, please contact me at robert@laketravisscuba.com or 512-784-5980.

I look forward to having you aboard Giant Stride,

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba

I still want to follow up with the news department. But I need clear, specific and concise information to pass along.

IF you can help out send me some info, explaining the basics, what, who, when and where. I will do my part to forward it to the appropriate parties.

Some on, bro, I know you have to have heard about this cool Internet search engine called GOOGLE. Try it sometime. :rofl3:

OK....at some point when the service opens for their 'season' would anyone be interested in getting together for a 1/2 day run to give them a try?

"Two-Tank Dive (4 hour excursion) $ 35.00"

Count me in, Alan. You know I'm always ready to hit the water I'd really like to check out the Shaker Plant if anyone else is up for it, but I'll dive anywhere if that site isn't in the cards. :D

Count me in, Alan. You know I'm always ready to hit the water I'd really like to check out the Shaker Plant if anyone else is up for it, but I'll dive anywhere if that site isn't in the cards. :D

Cool....I know we visited last summer about dropping on the Shaker Plant--I would be game for that search myself! Now we just need some good leads to it's location in the lake.

Back
Top Bottom