Lake Travis Scuba dive service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool....I know we visited last summer about dropping on the Shaker Plant--I would be game for that search myself! Now we just need some good leads to it's location in the lake.

Thinking about this some more it may not be south of Sometimes Islands after all.

An old Scubaboard thread said it was "across from Hippie Hollow" Look closely at this photo and you will see a diagonal line of towers, These were the supports for an aerial runway that carried gravel from the shaker plant to the dam. So the area of interest would be the top left of the line of towers.

Attachments

• W00129 Mansfield Aerial.jpg
    W00129 Mansfield Aerial.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 326
Thinking about this some more it may not be south of Sometimes Islands after all.

An old Scubaboard thread said it was "across from Hippie Hollow" Look closely at this photo and you will see a diagonal line of towers, These were the supports for an aerial runway that carried gravel from the shaker plant to the dam. So the area of interest would be the top left of the line of towers.

That photo does indicate a good poss. of the Shaker site where you referenced the previous forums discussion....nearer to Hippie Hollow. I will try to also dig up some info.. I am curious if anyone of recent times has dove the site and actually found evidence of the Shaker plant in regards to structure/machinery?

I'd be up for it.

Maybe we could get a trip together and go to the Shaker Plant ?? (If someone has the numbers for it)

I have many, many coordinates for the shaker plant Ian.... There is quite a bit there and I was given numbers for many of the different pieces and parts.

I dove it as part of my deco class about 4 years ago. We made 5 dives there. There is debris starting on top at about 60 ft and it continues down the wall to about 160 or so...

I have it all in Google Earth and if I can figure it out, I will export my coord. and post them...

Layne

And if the timing is right, I'm up for this too!

If the timing isn't "right" I'll just try it out booking with Robert.

Hemlon, I'm sure you've met Robert before - he was helping out at the shop before I left.

And if the timing is right, I'm up for this too!

If the timing isn't "right" I'll just try it out booking with Robert.

Hemlon, I'm sure you've met Robert before - he was helping out at the shop before I left.

The name sounds familiar, but I sure can't put a face with the name.

Getting old bites.

Count me in. It'll be a nice break from WP and Mansfield..

Diving the Shakers.... ? :confused:

Well ok ... We have the Amish up at Lake Murray so I guess to be fair and balanced we need to employ the Shakers too.

This all sounds like Deep Thoughts by Jack Tandy if you ask me :wink:

Diving the Shakers.... ? :confused:

Well ok ... We have the Amish up at Lake Murray so I guess to be fair and balanced we need to employ the Shakers too.

This all sounds like Deep Thoughts by Jack Tandy if you ask me :wink:

At least you didn't reference Stuart Smalley.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom