Lake Travis Conditions 01-12-2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The water temperature is still cooling...59 degrees from surface to max depth at Windy Point. Vis was better than I've seen in quite awhile...5-6 feet down to around 80', but started deteriorating pretty quickly after that.

Too bad Frank wasn't there with his new speargun! I saw some real nice catfish!! :D

Also, be aware that Richard is trying to get his sunken houseboat above water right now. They tried all day yesterday and finally called it a day due to the high winds. I understand they are going to try again today. That pretty much puts staircases 1 and 2 out of commission until they're done. Watch out for oil and gasoline slicks in that area too.

John, that's wonderful news on the viz.. I haven't dove Travis since Thanksgiving week, when the viz was around 2-3ft.

John, that's wonderful news on the viz.. I haven't dove Travis since Thanksgiving week, when the viz was around 2-3ft.

Yeah, it's not as nice as it was this summer, but it's getting better. Didn't even need a light at 50'.

We are recovered from the move. (Gawd, did we REALLY have THAT much stuff???) I'll be ready to hit the water in February.

Thanks for the report, John.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom