Lake Roosevelt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well sorry for the late reply haven't been feeling well...
So anyway I did do a couple dives at Roosevelt this past weekend, the first from shore in a cove, now the problem is the lake is so full that you are diving in trees and bushes that used to line the shore and everything is covered in thick silt.. Vis was literally like 3-4ft until you get down between 20-30ft then it clears up to the point that I was getting like 8 maybe even 10ft vis.. Surface temp was 85 degrees we encountered the first thermo at 31ft and temp was only like 59 degrees it was very noticable, I might also add that between 30-35ft the vis dropeed back down to maybe 3-5ft. I really don't like to dive in bushes and trees they freak me out for some reason but i tried to not let that bother me to much and once we got down past them I really enjoyed our dives there, the fish are very curious and plentyfull seen a catfish that I swear could have swallowed a soccer ball whole and was roughly 3ft plus (not an exageration I think it was really more like 4 ft but we'll say three... One fish not sure what kind swam right up to my mask and was looking right in at me well at least it seemed that way...

Sounds like unless you are going there for another purpose, it's wiser to save the gas and go to Pleasant...:eyebrow:

LMAO. Noob you are so funny. You should write articles on your diving experiences. I'm sorry, but everything you said is making me crack up.

Cool. Sounds like my kind of diving! I'm going to be camping there over Thanksgiving weekend. I think I'll take my gear and check it out.

I know what you mean about the trees looking freaky. Over by Spring Canyon Landing (Lk Pleasant) there are some trees along as trench and one of them have a thick rope hanging down from one of the limbs. I call it the hanging tree. Thinking about tying a dummy to it for holloween.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom