Lake Roosevelt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoobDiver001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone, my girlfriends uncle will be joining us Labor Day weekend at Lake Roosevelt and since we are both certified we would love to get in a couple dives... Could anyone give me some info as to good places to dive there, what kind of conditions to expect... We will have access to a boat and GPS so any info would be greatly appriciated...

There isn't much information on dive sites at Lake Roosevelt, as far as I know. As others have stated, it's the primary silt catcher in a series of the four SRP lakes, so visibility is beyond horrible. I do not personally know anyone who has dived in Roosevelt.

Hello everyone, my girlfriends uncle will be joining us Labor Day weekend at Lake Roosevelt and since we are both certified we would love to get in a couple dives... Could anyone give me some info as to good places to dive there, what kind of conditions to expect... We will have access to a boat and GPS so any info would be greatly appriciated...

Not sure of the lake level, but steep areas down towards the dam would be your best bet. Viz at Rosevelt is usually bad to worse, with winter time being the best. Good luck.

Hey Harley,

This is the first lake in the chain of SRP lakes. So silt is bad. The lake is deep. 90 feet right off the Cholla and Badger ramps. I have fished here many times but never dove there. I don't know any one who has. Looking forward to your reports.

I remember during the big fires we had. That lake filled with debris. It was killing the fish. So I imagine its now all over the bottom. If you go let us know how it is. It would be interesting to hear how Bartlet is. I know there are a lot of flat head cats there.

Thank you all very much for your input...Sorry haven'y been online in a couple days to respond sooner... Well we are going to be there for 3 days and I have not yet decided weather or not I'm going to bring 2 or 3 tanks prob 3 just in case its ok conditions... Well I will check it out and post a conditions report monday or tuesday.. I will have a Pontoon 1 of the days so I'm going to do at least one tank off the boat and one from most likely in the cove we are staying in...The mother in law works for SRP so we got one of the SRP lake house's up there for the whole weekend...

My girlfriend and I are planning a campout with a group (her friends) on Thanksgiving weekend. Anybody that is interested in diving Roosevelt is welcome to join us. The people in the camp group are kind of boring, which is to say they aren't divers, and I'll be ready to open my wrists if I have to hang out with these turds for more than a few hours.

Steve.

The ol' holidays spent with people NOT of our choosing. In-laws and/or THEIR friends. I can relate Steve. Wish I could help but I'll be diving with the in-laws I converted to diving. The holidays have been getting better. The ones I can't stand to be around stay on the couch. So there is hope!

Howdy all

I haven't answered this because my desktop PC took a dump and I'm trying to get my laptop up to speed until the new one gets here.

Its been quite awhile since I have dove Roosevelt and to be honest I'd rather spend the time to drive to Pleasant. I live in Payson and that would make it a very close lake for me to dive. Think of Saguaro lake conditions and that is what you will have and just a bit worse. We've been getting quite a bit of rain up here and I would imagine that the run off, plus what Tonto Creek and the Salt River dumps in will make it even worse.

That said I would love to see someone prove me wrong.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen

Back
Top Bottom