Lake Rawlings, Virginia incident 11-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok - fine - you mihgt ask a Mod to move your post to the appropriate thread, if you'd like - so this one can return to pre-hijack status...?? :D

Don, you remind me of the great Rodney "No Respect" Dangerfield.

I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. I told him, "I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills." He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

Ba Ding!!

Just to get back to the subject at hand. I go to Lake Rawlings so much as they call me the quarry queen. I know who the instructor was and i would let him dive with any of my friends or family. for the ems to arrive in 30 min is fast and impressive because of the location. I am sure the intructor and the employes of lake rawlings did all they could and the best they could. Diving does carry some risks. I hope the best for the victum and her family.

Let me get a soda so I can watch the Indians attacking the
cowboy.

It's amazing that no one ever puts themselves in
the other guys boots before taking pot shots with
sooo little informations.

"Snap' ( sound of the soda can being open ),
Now on with the real post.

Howdy Folks

Coming from a new guy that's dived Lake Rawlings a bit I'm very interested in 1st...how the young lady is doing and 2nd...what happened (from a desire to learn...I'm not a "rubber-necker"). Can anybody provide an update?

For those who haven't dived LR it's been a very robust training environment for me so far. Especially with respect to temperature (7mm suit with hood & gloves encouraged), visibility/navigation and for learning to use new equipment.

TX
Pook

Pook-60:
Especially with respect to temperature (7mm suit with hood & gloves encouraged), visibility/navigation and for learning to use new equipment.

You mean recent temps. right? I dove it this summer cozy in a 3 mil, no hood, and reef gloves.

He, who is without sin, may cast the first stonecrab.

Every should take the Rescue class after their O/W class.

I am taking mine next week. I have already read the book and I learned a bunch about stress and response.

Howdy Kristi

Just went back to the dive "pooter" account from my last dive there (mid-July) and the min temp was 63F. I remember the thermal was at approximately 30' and we tried diving w/o hood and gloves on the first dive...brought back memories of North Dakota!

Could be a wimp factor on my part but I was just flat out cold! I could've been closer to the spring source but I still don't know exactly where that is.

Pook

Just razzin ya anyway. We're all different with different tolerances to heat and cold etc......

I've been over the edge in my 3mm with a hood several times, I can tolerate one dive that way (Mid 50's) and the water feels so warm when you come back above the thremocline.

Back
Top Bottom