Lake Rawlings Temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have my better half and our dive buddy going to Dog Days. I'll be there with my scooter playing around while they learn to use the drysuits. What have the temps and vis been like lately?

Two weeks ago the surface was around 72 and below the thermocline was around 58. Vis was pretty bad, about 15' tops. Hoping for better next weekend!

High 70's down to low 50's

---------- Post added October 13th, 2013 at 10:01 AM ----------

Not going to make it to the lake today...it will be next Saturday....

So of course my LDS got completely booked up with students the day before I called to reserve our spots for the 19th & 20th. :(

We signed up for AOW checkouts the first weekend in November, although I'm not sure if we'll be able to make that particular one. That's Punk'n Chunk'n time by us, and we may have friends and family coming down for it.

Dutch Springs is an hour closer to me than Lake Rawlings, so I might have to check that out.

Of course I am still waiting for my c-card to arrive! Hopefully no one gives me trouble using my temporary card if it's not here by the weekend.

Headed over to the Lake Rawlings early......seems like it might be pretty busy tomorrow!

this past sunday, the water surface temp was 69. at about 30 feet, it was mid 60s.

Is anyone going to be at Lake Rawlings this weekend? Hubby and I are going down Friday night and staying until Sunday afternoon... checking out our new gear and doing AOW checkouts.

i was looking for a dive buddy this weekend, but i'm still recovering from a shoulder injury the last time i was at rawlings (i was helping an insta-buddy donning his gear and i tweaked my shoulder).

are you guys planning to dive throughout the winter season? egovanatus and i talked about it, so we're up for diving any other weekend.

I think that this will be our last dive at Lake Rawlings for the season. We're going to the Dominican Republic in December and I'm hoping to get down to the keys at some point between then and March or so.

Hubby and I are planning to start a family soon, so he might be in need of a buddy next year if I'm sidelined.

Back
Top Bottom