Lake Rawlings Temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, I like Rawlings and all the stuff to do there! It's certainly a great place for working on your skills or just general fun!

Yep, I like Rawlings and all the stuff to do there! It's certainly a great place for working on your skills or just general fun!

Indeed! I'm looking forward to going camping there next summer (maybe even in just a few weeks). I also like that you can bring your dog there... we are planning to get a puppy next year and it will be nice to not have to find a pet sitter while gone for the weekend.
Speaking of which, does anyone know what folks do with their dogs while they're diving? Crate them or tie them up to a tree?

we were camping there last weekend, and we saw a few dogs. one of the divers had his family there to watch their puppy, and another tied both his beagles (or beagle look-alikes) to one of the shelters since he was part of that class/group. the beagles were quite for the most part but went bonkers a few times and drove us a little crazy too with all the barking. i guess it all depends on your dog, and if they'll be ok tied up and alone for awhile.

we're thinking of camping there again next weekend over the columbus day holiday weekend. anyone else planning to go? sat-mon.

we were camping there last weekend, and we saw a few dogs. one of the divers had his family there to watch their puppy, and another tied both his beagles (or beagle look-alikes) to one of the shelters since he was part of that class/group. the beagles were quite for the most part but went bonkers a few times and drove us a little crazy too with all the barking. i guess it all depends on your dog, and if they'll be ok tied up and alone for awhile.

we're thinking of camping there again next weekend over the columbus day holiday weekend. anyone else planning to go? sat-mon.

You must have been camping near us! That puppy ran into our area quite a few times with a kid chasing it.

I would love to go Columbus Day weekend but we already have plans. I think we'll probably be there the following weekend for AOW.

Depending on my work situation I will probably be there, at least for a day. Never brought my dogs... I usually get my unsuspecting neighbors to watch them...heh.

Depending on my work situation I will probably be there, at least for a day. Never brought my dogs... I usually get my unsuspecting neighbors to watch them...heh.

Nice! I'm pretty sure that we'll be there the 19th & 20th. Although I'm not looking forward to putting on my cold wetsuit for the night dive on Saturday.

I'm going to have to order some new heavy duty tent stakes. Bent the crap out of the aluminum ones that came with the tent!

Either that or find a less rocky place to pitch the tent. Hmmm.

The 19 and 20th at Rawlings is the DUI demo days. It requires separate registration and fees so not sure how you can work it out if you'll be there with a class. But something to consider.

The 19 and 20th at Rawlings is the DUI demo days. It requires separate registration and fees so not sure how you can work it out if you'll be there with a class. But something to consider.

Thanks for letting me know, but I don't think it will affect our group. My LDS is down there most weekends between March and November for checkout dives. They actually have a trailer that permanently lives at their pavilion... apparently they even pay property taxes there!

Nice, the 19th and 20th? I may be down that weekend too....or I may head up to Dutch Springs...

I have my better half and our dive buddy going to Dog Days. I'll be there with my scooter playing around while they learn to use the drysuits. What have the temps and vis been like lately?

Back
Top Bottom