Lake Rawlings Temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, I'll be diving all year long. Always need a partner! Wish I could have made it up this weekend, but I have been diving in NC for the last few weeks, next trip I think will be to Dutch Springs, we will see.

I dove the lake last weekend and I can report the temp at the surface was about 55 and at 45 ft it was about 49. very chilling

Temp update surface was 70F till about 17'-20' then it drops to about 65F and then 35'-45' it's about 55F. The bottom is a cold 47F.

I went up this last weekend for support, my wife and dive buddy were doing some tech courses. While they were doing their dives I took my scooter and buzzed the perimeter, staying above the 15' mark in the warm water. Made the entire lake, staying within 10-20' of the wall, in 13 min.:D Single tank, no deco bottle.

On a previous trip, DQs Matt H threw down the glove with a run on his of 23 min. in full tech gear. He's going to see how close he can get to my new time next trip up.:cool2:

Warm water was nice!!

Temp update surface was 70F till about 17'-20' then it drops to about 65F and then 35'-45' it's about 55F. The bottom is a cold 47F.

Just for comparison Dutch springs is about the same as this...dove last weds and surface to 25' was mid to low 60's.. Drop to 45' and it was 45degs. Chilly in a wetsuit at depth....viz was good at 35' tho.... :)

Back
Top Bottom