Lake Rawlings Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I went diving for the first time at Lake Rawlings on Saturday, November 20, 2011. What a pleasant surprise and huge difference from Millbrook!

There are real bathrooms as well as Port-A-Potties. The docks are new and well maintained. Divers can wade in or gear up on the dock and giant stride in like on a boat. The visibility is 30 to 40 feet and the water temperature was 61 F. If there is a thermocline, I could not find it but I only descended to 48 feet.

The season is over at Lake Rawlings but they will open if there are at least four divers who make reservations. There were 20 to 30 people there on Saturday, including two large classes.

I strongly recommend Lake Rawlings.

I really enjoyed diving Rawlings... I really like Millbrook also. Both are great places to learn in. Hope to make a chilly Willy this winter @ Millbrook, just need to find a buddy.

I really enjoyed diving Rawlings... I really like Millbrook also. Both are great places to learn in. Hope to make a chilly Willy this winter @ Millbrook, just need to find a buddy.

I might be doing a Chilly Willy on December 18th at Millbrook with CAPTAIN SINBAD. We were also interested in going to Rawlings, but I don't think we have 4 divers :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom