Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont think Im going to make it. Im thinking of buying a lil Aeris package with reg/octo comp and bcd, so the money Id use for rental gear this weekend would take away from the package Im going to buy the beginning of Oct.

Im kind of sad, but I'll meet ya'll soon enough.

Nice package....do you know where you are going to get it?
If you have a link I would like to see it.... Justin is looking for some gear for his wife.....

Id be getting it from El Mar for $800.00 I think.

The package has:

A1 reg and octo
Sport BCD
XR-2 computer
and a reg bag.

Now the question I have is, should I upgrade the reg to the AT400 Sport?
I just dont know what the diff between balanced and unbalanced is.

Nice....I will have to shoot up that way and check that package out....I know Christy would like the BCD....Not sure if she would like the A1???

If you have the extra bucks upgrade to the AT400... It will breath better at depth...

A balanced regulator breathes the same at all depths while an unbalanced regulator is increasingly difficult to draw air from as you go deeper. All balanced regulators compensate for depth by equalizing the pressure on both sides of the air valve to the pressure of the surrounding water.

My name is Christy too. Right now El Mar has 10% but its over on the 13th. And my buddy works there.

That is cool!!! Hi Christy!!! I will get up there for sure!!!

Hmm, my first kit cost me $1000 and I thought I did very well. Sounds like you're getting a great deal. I would go with the upgraded regs they will probably suit your needs longer as you progress in the sport.
My first was a Sherwood Tortuga BC w/ a Gemini breathable inflator
Oasis regs and a Mares MR2 computer.
My wife uses the BC and regs now with a VT3 computer so we are getting our moneys worth out of the gear.

Hi sand sharks:

I'm in town for Tuesday, possibly Wed. afternoon, Saturday after 3 pm and Sunday morning.. want to dive Lake Pleasant... where is Vista Point, Dirty Shirt Cove, etc? I'd like to add Arizona to my list of SW states....

Great Lakes diver

shoredivr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom