Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eight (8) SBer's met at Vista Point this weekend.

We geared up and headed due west to the island. Once we hit the first buoy, we turned south to navigate the back-side of the island.

The first few minutes of the dive was along the sand boat channel, which is about 17 feet deep. Once we hit the front of the island, we stayed on our westerly course, but the island is cone shaped and we were able to get a little deeper. On the West face (backside) of the Island, I am confident we could have got a lot deeper.

Saw a few Bass and an elusive catfish. Navigated through some trees. Most of us were in light exposure suits, so we kept the dive above 40 feet for the most part.

Water Temp: 78 Degrees
Depth: 38 Feet -ish
Time: 50 Minutes (casual pace)
Visibility: Pretty good for the time of year -10 feet most of the time.

We did a second dive along Vista Point, but cut it short so we didn't interfere with the class Scuba Sciences was doing.

It was nice to have a SB visitor from Canada :canada: join us. The power of the 'Net. Although, I think the warm water threw her for a loop. :wink:

John

////

Last edited:
Eight (8) SBer's met at Vista Point this weekend.

It was nice to have a SB visitor from Canada :canada: join us. The power of the 'Net. Although, I think the warm water through her for a loop. :wink:

John

////

Hey, John, it was fun!:D

We did a second dive along Vista Point, but cut it short so we didn't interfere with the class Scuba Sciences was doing.

John

////

Not to start anything here, but...are you sure that was Scuba Sciences? I thought they didn't do classes in the lake.

Not to start anything here, but...are you sure that was Scuba Sciences? I thought they didn't do classes in the lake.

Well, I know it was a Scuba Sciences instructor. I know him and his truck. Plus, there were two or three vehicles with Scuba Sciences window decals on them. Perhaps things are changing at Scuba Sciences.

I will say, regardless of the lake level, the visibility is pretty good for September.

My guess is that "very unsafe lake" is actually a very good way to keep bodies and the associated dollars rolling through the door. Ecomomy what it is and all. :rofl3:

Here's what you're missing in Ontario in February.

Attachments

• Cedar Hill Feb 16 ice.jpg
    Cedar Hill Feb 16 ice.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Cedar Hill Feb 16 shore.jpg
    Cedar Hill Feb 16 shore.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 59
  • cedar hill feb 2008 4 frozen suit.jpg
    cedar hill feb 2008 4 frozen suit.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 53
What do you mean missing it.
My bags are packed and ready to go!!!!

Thanks for the travel brochure.

jcf

Now that's what I'm talking about...good old fashioned cold water diving...just like I learned to dive in...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom