Lake Ouachita Road Trip (Oct 3/4)

Are you comin' with us, or gonna stick around the house and do your chores? LOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, should I try and grab a few more tanks? I might possibly be able to bring four. I only own two but I think I can borrow two.

I may or may not bring a Nitrox tank, still debating that. :)

K-Valve, I'm planning on bringing my tent and whatnot for camping, that's 100% fine with me, especially since most of those parks have regular showers and bathrooms if we "car camp" anyway.

I'm not a technical diver (although I'd like to be one day :)), so I will definitely stick to rec depths, I'd definitely like to check out some crystals though! :)

I'm camping...that's where the party will be! :wink:

I don't know what to tell you about tanks, but I'll have room for 4 if you want to bring them. No Problem.

How many are you bringing? Just the 2 sets of doubles?

FYI the dive shop in Little Rock is an hour and a half away... better bring all of your tanks with you... Having dove there a couple of times surface to first thermo is a 3 mil, below that is a hood and 5 mil and i dont mind cold water... YMMV

Still, bring it on...

Wow! Okay, I will bring 4 if possible.

I only have a merino lined 3mm, so I will likely stay where it's comfy. :)

Still looking forward to it, should be good fun! :D

Hey guys, I used to live in Arkansas. A great motel to stay in close to the lake is the Angler in Cristal Springs. The is a dive shop at Brady mountain and one on Albert Pike on the way to the lake. I know the one in town is open all the time, but the one at Brady may be closed for the season.

I'm camping...that's where the party will be! :wink:

I don't know what to tell you about tanks, but I'll have room for 4 if you want to bring them. No Problem.

I will be bringing all my tanks except the 2 Nitrox 80's. Thanks for the comprehensive research on the ROAD TRIP. I will have my main scuba bag, an additional dry suit bag, cooler with drinks and ready to camp with tent, sleeping bag and of course thread count 450 pillow for that rough and tumble camping scene.

Some grog for those late night talks.

This sounds like such an adventure at a great location. What is good visibility in a Lake though, I don't know about this one.

Thanks for all your efforts to organize this spectacular time together and dive experience.

Swampers will take the Lake for the weekend to enjoy all it has to offer, and being October I guess we will probably have the Lake to ourselves.

Kinda selfish huh?

Oh well a Texas thing.

See everyone there.

Yall should be able to get air without going into Little Rock. In Hot Springs, near the State Park end of the lake is the Scuba & Archery Center Scuba & Archery Center, Inc., Hot Springs, AR - Ouachitas Region

This is the same outfit that has the dive shop at the marina on the lake. They close their lake front shop after labor day but maintain their shop in town. I am not sure if they have nitrox as I have not seen it. It will definitely be closer than Little Rock.Yall may find the thermocline to be much shallower than 40'. It was at 25' a couple of weeks ago and if you are going much deeper than that I would wear a heavy suit and a hood/gloves. Also carry a light. A friend dropped a speargun on one of the rock walls our last trip and we went down to around 60' with a light and it was tough to see far. We never found the gun. It was dark and cold down there. I will be going up there on the 19th of Sept. and should be able to give you guys a viz/temp report. Wish I could go as it sounds like a good party if nothing else!

PS- If you get tired of diving you can go to downtown Hot Springs and go to the historic natural hot springs bath houses and get a nice warm bath and massage. It is a national park and worth touring at least once.

Really wanting to make this trip, but still waiting to see my work schedule before I can commit.

If I can go, does anyone know of a dive shop that rents doubles around DFW? I only have one set so getting another set or two would be nice for the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom