Lake Mohave Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a great dive spot.... how far is the lake from the valley??

I assume you are asking: How far from Phoenix?
About 4 hours drive will get you to Katherines Landing at the South end of the lake.
I understand the old marina at Nelson is a popular dive site. It is 1 to 1.5 hours from Katherines Landing.

Yep, from Phoenix!!! :)

Wow...that must be a big lake to take an hour to an hour and a half to get to the other end of it!!! My goodness....

I was there last month and the wind was still moving. The water temp is in the 50s this time of year. The bus sits at about 50'. See the Lake Mohave page on my website for details on how to find it.

I haven't been to the old marina. I'll have to check into it. Usually I book a room in Laughlin and drive the 10 minutes to Katherine's Landing. The lake isn't all that big. It's just long and narrow. Back east it would be a river. :D

Gotcha.... :).... Well, I am going to have to go dive it one of these days.... Thanks for the good info.... Happy diving!!!

The winds died down a bit. Its also warming up. There hasn't been the strong breeze for the last few weeks. The weathers turned warm as well.

That's great to hear, Chris. I'm feeling a need to return to Vegas again soon. We saw a show last time that I'd like to see again. I'll let you know when we head up.

Well I took the "plunge" and bought all my gear cuz' I can never seem to make
the trip to Vegas to rent & return gear.

Now that its been almost a year since I have been in the water I need an instructor
for a skills review.

Thanks

Steve

I don't think there are any instructors in the Laughlin/Bullhead area. There used to be a couple of shops there, but they've been closed for about 2 years. Your best bet is to contact the shop in Kingman (if you can get in touch with them, I hear they have limited hours), but I don't think they dive at Mohave. You can also contact a Vegas/Boulder City shop for a skills review. Or just meet us at Lake Pleasant sometime and go diving with us. We'll do a quick skills review right before the dive.

BTW, congratulations on your gear purchase!

Like always in the spring and fall Lake Mojave was windy (NE 15-30 mph). Alot of windsurfers/kiteboarders. Didn't have enough room for my windsurfing gear this trip. Water temp was ~ 58 F, Viz was 5- 30 ft, outside temp ~ 85 F.

First time I have dove with a 7 mil suit on, my girl and I basically just screwwed around with bouyance with those big thick suits on, going to the Cahnnel Islands @ the end of the month so I need to get use to this big thick suit. Dropped in right on top to the van, then floated over to the school bus on the 2nd dive.
Small school of black crappies (i think), one 2 ft stripped bass and one 2-4 ft fish that I couldn't get a good profile, so no ID. Way more fish then I expected to see! The rest of the dive I just looked @ rock lithologies and picked up trash.

Somewhat boring dive, but it was fun just because we had new gear to screw around with and it is always fun just being underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom