Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW THAT SUCKS . Do they think they may have to do any surgery or is it just a time thing ?when you get it all squared away let me know I would dive with you . How is the school thing going? Good I hope . Your never to old to learn

Potential surgery. I won't know until January when I go to the ENT. I've heard this could end my dive career, or at least deep diving. I'm hoping this won't be the case. We'll see. And I just got my DM cert too.

School's going great. Graduate with a Masters of Art in Teaching in Middle School Science: Spring 2013.

Potential surgery. I won't know until January when I go to the ENT. I've heard this could end my dive career, or at least deep diving. I'm hoping this won't be the case. We'll see. And I just got my DM cert too.

School's going great. Graduate with a Masters of Art in Teaching in Middle School Science: Spring 2013.
Sorry to here that bad news .I hope that all goes real well for you and you get a favorable out come . My PRAYERS are with you . Congrats to you on you new jerney in to the teaching world . My daughter is graduating next mnarch with here teaching cert. ,in Early child hood development and Elementery school . She will be teaching 3 grade

To day was a great day for diving . I got to do my FIRST dive to the cemetsry. was good but coukld have been better some one hit the bottum and stured up the silt Temp was 48* by my dive computer. one of the gental men that i was diving with had on one of the new Lavacore suits and a five mill wet sute and he said he was worm . We went by the ramp (divers ramp) . They have tore out all the old broken up concreat and have excuvated the area . after the dives I was back at the shop talking to Brandon . and I asked him if they were going to make it a boat ramp and take fromdivers . And to my delite he said that they were making an area for canoes and kayaks lonching and an area just for divers to inter (side walk like system.) It is so cool thet Duke Energy is doing thing to better the area for divers.

So glad you had a good dive. I look forward to seeing the ramp improvements, too, but Duke is not doing that out of concern for divers and others. Their relicensing to run Jocassee Hydro and Keowee is in the process of renewal, and suddenly they are making recreational improvements that they should have been doing all along. But, despite the fact that their deeds are being forced on them, it will still be very nice to have the improvements.

Oh, no, no, no. We gotta pray about this, "son!" :blinking:

So glad you had a good dive. I look forward to seeing the ramp improvements, too, but Duke is not doing that out of concern for divers and others. Their relicensing to run Jocassee Hydro and Keowee is in the process of renewal, and suddenly they are making recreational improvements that they should have been doing all along. But, despite the fact that their deeds are being forced on them, it will still be very nice to have the improvements.
You are right but the way I see it is diving is a small part in the hole scheme of recreational . they just could have improvered on things geared to the boaters / fishermen and like and just ignored the divers

Enjoyed going out to the cemetery with LJDS and buddy up with Ken Rawlings. I learned a very important lesson on the first dive......if you only have 2 prior dives with a dry suit, don't drop down to 115' for your third dive! Had a great day regardless and look forward to going out again in a dry suit.

Praying you get better soon.

I learned a very important lesson on the first dive......if you only have 2 prior dives with a dry suit, don't drop down to 115' for your third dive! Had a great day regardless and look forward to going out again in a dry suit.
Glad you did not get hurt. I can't wait to dive the cemetery if the lake stays down a little longer.

NCBusguy, need to get you off the wall and practice some bouyancy and trim with visual references, makes a huge difference. Then we'll silt the place up to practice no vis navigation.......JK. Look forward to diving with you again, even when not diving together, we manage to find eachother.:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom