Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just thought i would share a pic of what they are doing to the dive ramp taken today. IMG_4538.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Wow.

I was at Jocassee to day . got ride on the heated boat at JDS THERE WAS JUST 4 OF US ON THE BOAT . 2 where diving wet and Tony and my self was diving dry. The 2 wet divers did not want to dive the cemetary,But Tony and me did . Danny was our Captain/ DM, he said that we had lots of time so that Tony and myself could dive the cemeary while the other 2 waited . And then we went over to the Wall/junk. While we did our surface interval the did ther 1st dive , then when they came back we did our second dive. AND SO ON . The cemetery was realy cool to be the only ones there .The water was so clear If the viz got all mucked up we only had our selves to blame. The cemetary is at 115' to 118' temp was 49*f. the junk the vis was ok not th best or the wurst. around 15' and hazy looking. temp ther was 52*F. LOOKS LIKE THE LAKE HAS COME UP A LITLE BIT . The water line is now touchinh the flotting dock by the boat ramp

Went out diving at Lake Jocassee today, it looked like the divers ramp should be ready to open soon, I sure hope so! Vis was pretty good, only went down to 50' since I was trying out a new configuration today.

Went by the ramp while on patrol today it is still closed.

how is it looking ? Is there any up dated pic's. I understand that they are putting porta pots there for the divers and small boat operators

just thought i would share a pic of what they are doing to the dive ramp taken today.View attachment 109695

Darn, all the bass and other fish used to hang out under the deteriorating structure of the old ramps. Not sure if this is progress or not. Time will tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom