Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That'll be quite a walk in doubles.

hay all. l Tony and myself are looking to dive the cemetery off Bill's boat. we need 2 more divers to take out the boat . Is there anyone that would like to join us ? If so let Bill or Trip know so they can add you to the boat Saturday AM. boat will depart at 10:00am COME ON YALLL LETS GO DIVING

I am also ok with doing the wall/junk area if the graveyard exceeds someone's comfort area or training. We just want to get in a few nice dives. So if you would like to join us send a pm or contact LJDS.

we did 2 dives Sat. off the boat the water was real calm (smooth) for the first dive .Max depth 113.8 ' 50* f viz was 10' to 15' foot @46' and opened up to 15' to 20' below 70' or so
The second dive we went to max depth 46' around junk and the swim threw. Temps much the same as 1st dive. we had noticed that there was a lot of current ,you could stop finning and you would drift off (away from the dam ) got to the surface and the weather had changed the surface had 1' to 2' swells . It was a littl rough getting back in the boat . Trip took use over by the dam and the turbines they where pumping water back in to Jocassee ,you could see the water cherning and gulls fling all over It was really cool to see.

diversramp2012.jpg

Diver's Ramp is back open today!

Now I can go diving more....been waiting for the ramp to reopen!

also the remodel of the divers ramp is only the ramp itself. despite rumors no bathrooms have been built and the parking lot was not made any larger. However there are signs driving up past the pay station that all motorized boats use the left fork ramp (ramp 3). "non-motorized boats only are allowed to use ramp 2" (divers ramp)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom