Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Lorenzoid let me know next time you swing up. I was on a boat on Jocassee all day Saturday and was going to try to dive with Richard Black but their plans got changed so ended up staying on the boat

Sure. @victorzamora has threatened to meet up with us sometime, too. Lately, we've just been hanging out on the training platform practicing skills because we're GUE goobers who practice more than we actually dive. Okay, we did a boat dive to the Wall in July.

Sure. @victorzamora has threatened to meet up with us sometime, too. Lately, we've just been hanging out on the training platform practicing skills because we're GUE goobers who practice more than we actually dive. Okay, we did a boat dive to the Wall in July.

@victorzamora needs more free weekends so we can go cave diving instead of Jocassee....

Dive from this past Sunday at the Graveyard with DBD. There was no surface marker so we dropped a line at the GPS coordinates. We re-ran a surface line to the mainline after the dive completed. Thermal is at 103.5'. Great dive: 20 minutes bottom-time, total run-time 43 minutes.

I've been there twice and can not fathom the interest in a submerged graveyard. What's the neat part exactly? (I also have no interest in not-yet-sunken graveyards or graveyards per se.)

Last edited:
I've been there twice and can not fathom the interest in a submerged graveyard. What's the neat part exactly? (I also have no interest in not-yet-sunken graveyards or graveyards per se.)

As far as I can tell from the few videos I have seen, seeing that particular headstone ("Hinckley") is the highlight. I think the neat part is the history--that there really was a Jocassee Valley where people once lived and died. The creation of the lake submerged generations of history. And of course there is the tie-in with the movie Deliverance.

Any word on temperatures at the ramp these days?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom