Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey wait. I was at the ramp yesterday (mostly alone). Temp @115' was 55 degrees. Vis was pretty good below 103'.

I'm going back out on Sunday.....hopefully will finish the skills portion of my DM class!

Heading to dive the ramps Saturday. Any updates on conditions?

I was there today (so I wouldn't have to go there on Saturday) and the vis. was pretty good below 105'. HID conked out (loose wire) just as I found a nice sphere of really clear water in the trees where I would have turned it off and switched to the 200 lumen Dorcy anyway. ............Oh, the point I meant to convey is that last Saturday I arrived @ 8:30 and the parking lot was almost full; by 11:30 or so it was closed. I would expect the same tomorrow. The condition of the ramps last Saturday was, "swamped." I would try to get there early.

Last edited:
Out at the wall today, vis was ok, not as good as last week. We went over past the dam and the vis was much better. I completed the most difficult, for me at least, skill for my DM class....400 yard free swim. My arms are going to be hurting tomorrow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom