Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dived off the ramp Sat. and although there were several divers and students the vis was rather excellent. Off to the left and into the forest to a max depth of 123'. Dived it dry and was rather too warm at 60' and less. I had the light pointed to the rear at depth and could see very well. Turned it off at 50-60'. Total dive time was 65 minutes. Vis was good to excellent. Dressed up some of the line and the orange line really pops underwater.

Does this include string and twine?:)

Dove off the ramp on Labor Day, 9/2/13. First dive was down past the ski boat and into the trees (max depth 119 ft., temp 62 degrees), then came back up to the boat and followed the line north until it ended. Visibility was worse than expected, even at depth. Presumably this is because of all the rain we have been getting. Next dive was along the cove to the north at an average of 25 feet just checking out the rock formations. Overall it was a nice day at the lake, almost no one was there. I guess the summer rush has ended.

Dove off the ramp on Labor Day, 9/2/13. First dive was down past the ski boat and into the trees (max depth 119 ft., temp 62 degrees), then came back up to the boat and followed the line north until it ended. Visibility was worse than expected, even at depth. Presumably this is because of all the rain we have been getting. Next dive was along the cove to the north at an average of 25 feet just checking out the rock formations. Overall it was a nice day at the lake, almost no one was there. I guess the summer rush has ended.

How have you been. have not seen any activity from you on SCUBA BOARD . have you been doing a lot of diving

I've been diving more than posting, thankfully. I took a cavern class earlier this year and have made several trips to the N. FL springs. I also did some diving at Panama City on a family trip in June, and have made several trips to Jocassee this summer. I am hoping to make a trip to Key Largo in October if the finances work out right. Hope all is well with you and your family.

I've been diving more than posting, thankfully. I took a cavern class earlier this year and have made several trips to the N. FL springs. I also did some diving at Panama City on a family trip in June, and have made several trips to Jocassee this summer. I am hoping to make a trip to Key Largo in October if the finances work out right. Hope all is well with you and your family.

All is good here I have been doing a lot of dive close to home Lake lanier . I have only been up to Jocassee 2 or 3 time this year. I made down to Pompano beach and Jupiter last May got to dive with John Chatterton on the Miracale of Life wreck. That was a dive I will never forget . The current was so strong that on our ascent up the line (4 divers ) the current pulled the mooring ball down to 90' and imploded it . so we had to do a drifting free ascent . that was a challenging dive for me . hope to see you up at jocassee some time this year before it gets cold

Curious how deep the Graveyard right now? Last time I was there it was at 115 ffw but that was a couple of years ago, and it had been deeper the previous times I had been there. Haven't seen recent reports. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom