Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is warming up. It is about 57-60 down till around 30ft. 50s below that until about 90 foot when it is down 47 degrees.

Looks like I need to dust off the gear and start making plans!

The Lake is getting warmer. I was at Jocassee this weekend (Saturday afternoon and Sunday) Did 2 dives Saturday afternoon at the ramp. Viz was not bad considering all the OW students that had been in the water. Water temps were 71*f at surface and 61*f at the first platform
59*f at the second platform, 51*F AT 90'
Sunday we went out with Bill ,Brandon ,Danny (2 boats)water was 77*f at surface and 66 at the Junk. Viz was 15' to 20' . I was having some Dry suit flooding problems all week end last dive I just put on my wet suite and did a 40 Minute dive (dam I mis my Dry suite)Brandon and Bill are going to do a pressure test on my suite and replace the right wrist seal we think that is the problem . I hope so.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I know what it is like to miss diving dry...or diving for that matter. I haven't been in about 2-3 months.

The Lake is getting warmer. I was at Jocassee this weekend (Saturday afternoon and Sunday) Did 2 dives Saturday afternoon at the ramp. Viz was not bad considering all the OW students that had been in the water. Water temps were 71*f at surface and 61*f at the first platform
59*f at the second platform, 51*F AT 90'
Sunday we went out with Bill ,Brandon ,Danny (2 boats)water was 77*f at surface and 66 at the Junk. Viz was 15' to 20' . I was having some Dry suit flooding problems all week end last dive I just put on my wet suite and did a 40 Minute dive (dam I mis my Dry suite)Brandon and Bill are going to do a pressure test on my suite and replace the right wrist seal we think that is the problem . I hope so.

It sucks that it is leaking; Brian said you had an issue the other weekend at Lanier with it. By the way do you have a pee valve yet?

I do just have not hooked the plumping up have all the right stuff just have not seen the real need yet. Brandon and Bill seem to think the wrist seal should fix the problem. I have been using my arms and wrist more at work sanding molds down to a hi Polish . so the wrist canal is a lot more defined . there for leaving a big gap for water to flow in.

Jeremy:
how are you ? I only missed on dive with out being dry I really could tell . even with a slightly flooded suite I was a lot wormer, than wet . But the good thing is that I still got to get in a 40 minute dive .My first dive Sunday off the boat we got down to 57' and the water flow in to the suite was really flowing . I felt it running to my legs (only 5 minutes in to dive )I aborted the dive and returned to the boat. Tony and Mat finished their dives

I am well, just busy. I hope to go diving June 4th. That will be my next available day to dive. Think it'll be warm enough for my 3mil?:loopy:

I am well, just busy. I hope to go diving June 4th. That will be my next available day to dive. Think it'll be warm enough for my 3mil?:loopy:

Yep by then it will be a good time to go wet . Good to here all is well for you.

So I don't usually post things like this on a public forum but for anyone who dives at Lake Jocassee and uses Lake Jocassee Dive shop one of our friends from the shop, Brandon was admitted to the hospital Sunday after a beautiful day of diving. He had a brain tumor removed today! If you him or the dive shop, befriend Lake Jocassee dive shop on Facebook and give him your support and prayers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom