Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be at the ramp this Sunday. Tony and myself are going to see if we can get lost and find our way back . we are going to explore out side the lines . Something different . Maybe we will see some of you there

We are coming up Saturday as it will be in the 80's:cool2: Important for those of us in wetsuits. :D Sunday will be in the 60's. A compass is a wonderful tool in the trees - explore, just know the heading to shore:D

Did 2 dives at the ramp Sunday
We had the hole ramp to our selves . The lake is almost at full pool . All the rain the last couple days has really mucked up the viz . It was around 8' or less
Dive 1
Max depth: 58'
Bottom time :55 min.
air temp.: 54*
Surface temp.:53*
Temp at depth: 50*

Dive 2:
Max depth: 39'
Bottom time: 47 min.
TEMP'S mostly stayed the same
Surface intervals was OK as long as you where out of the wind
2 great dives

Ken, hows the drysuit diving coming along?

Its going good . I still have a ways to go . Not quite ready to do any deep dives yet.still struggling with keeping level trim . I have been keeping the least amount of air in my suit that I can feel comfortable. It makes me feel the chill more so .After I get better at my control I will work more air in to the suit. I guess that gives me more excuses to dive more for more practice. :rofl3:

A group of us Augustans are thinking about a journey to the ramp next weekend too. Not sure which day yet.

Back
Top Bottom