Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To tell you the truth, I think the whole idea is probably to keep the poodle jacket, split fin wearing, river-dancing Christmas tree divers from silting the place up. At least that would be the mentality of some of the people I know :wink:.

Wait a minute, I wasn't allowed in there too long ago...:dork2:

Got in two good dives in me new Dry suit . We hung out at the platforms worked on our buoyancy and keeping the bubble in check. The first dive I really was struggling. Trying to stay neutral, I was allover the place . The second dive was so much better .I was able to hold neutral most of the time felt better about diving dry and my improvement . I know this was only my 3rd and 4th dive dry. So I have a long way to go .but I have made improvement.

I am a bit surprised if that was the rational of the various lines throughout the forest. Stupid people will always find ways to be stupid. I would also say that i know of no special code that one must enter into their computer or depth gauge to prevent it from exploding if one goes beyond their current certification.
I once left my drivers license at home. I was shocked and relieved to find out that my car still started and drove like normal.

If you are concerned about safety of people diving beyond their limits, i would imagine very simplistic lines would dominate. What is harder for an inexperienced diver to do? Inhale and exhale at 130' or perform a free assent because of being lost in a maze of lines.

Just my 2 cents, but it is one of the reasons that i will pay 40 bucks to dive at the junk whenever possible.

Sorry i never ran into your 2 underwater today. I got all turned around on all those lines..... :)

Yeah, those lines need to change. I am a big proponent for safety. I am just not down in the forest too often. I need to become more familiar so I can help.

Ken, I am glad to hear that you were safe and had fun.

Yeah fire. I agree with you. I would be surprised if anyone really has mapped out those lines or the ramp in general. I know i have never seen one. As it is not associated with a shop, no one has really cared that much. Sounds like a great project for a divemaster candidate to me............

I for one rarely dive the forest or ramp so i have little room to speak, but i do have some ideas on some things that would guarantee the lines get sorted out in a timely manor. I choose not to share them as to prevent being accused of actually implementing them :D and i have been drinking at this point in the night. :D:D:D

jimmy71
Thank you for loaning me one of your extra computers (after my computer flooded)I have a new computer on order Tusa IQ-750. I like all the featchers it has. I am hoping yhat tyhe Bungy mount from SSD will work I am going to order one and see if it will work. I e-mailed SSD and they said that they hade not tried that model , so they could not say it's only $15.00. I am hoping it is some what the same size as the IQ-700 THEN IT MAY WORK

I don't know if any of the regulars are interested, but I signed up for a dive at the hot hole this saturday. They, Lake Jocassee Dive center, still needs a couple of folks to sign up so that they will go out.

Anyone interested??

I have been in the forest several times and will say that the lines are not to be trusted. Some lines will randomly dead-end, others will take you deep for no reason. Follow the lines in and follow the compass out when you are ready (east is a good start) is the easiest way to manage the forest. I know from experience that one line will take you down deeper than 140', probably to 160'.

On a different note: I have to get to Jocassee to do some diving; lake lanier is cold and murky!

We will be doing a Sunday dive at Jocassee at noon.

Back
Top Bottom