Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we showed up at 1:30 and it wasn't slammed but people were there. There was a very large class in the water so I knew vis would be horrible at parts. The lake is down 10-12 feet; and as a result the mock cemetery is in 12 ft of water.

Dive 1:
IN: 14:24
Coldest Temp: 64 F
Surface temp: 75 F
Max Depth: 92 ft
Dive Time: 49 minutes
EAN: 32

We headed towards the ski-boat which is now in 40' of water, the class had kicked up stuff so vis was 2-4 feet. We went to the treeline which is now at 90 ft. We saw a solo diver with a 19 cf pony and split fins swimming at the edge of the forest. We headed North along the forest. At the far north edge I witnessed what seemed to be a white-milky substance protruding from a hole in the ground (84ft depth) I believe it may have been a sulfur-containing gas. Catfish were randomly all over the place.

Dive 2:
In: 16:38
Coldest Temp: 69 F
Surface Temp: 75 F
Max Depth 74 ft
Dive Time: 54 minutes
EAN: 21

This dive we encountered the largest number of bass (smallmouth and largemouth) we have ever seen in 1 location. At a depth of 40 feet there were approximately 40 bass of varying sizes around the platform and the ski-boat. This was definitely the highlight to this dive. Vis in this area had cleared to 15-20 feet since the students were long gone.

I took second place last year. Not doing it this year. Best of luck if you are competing.

Thanks! Should be interesting. I didn't hear about it until the last minute last year, so this will be my first underwater carving adventure...I'll be sure to post pics:)

What time do y'all have to be there? I'm hoping to make it back in time, even if I have to grab my food and go...lol. There's always the one in NC next weekend:)

And, practice dive and carving on Friday? I have my design idea, just don't know how difficult it's going to be to carve...

Also, I've taken about a billion underwater photos of you, so you need a profile picture! lol

Pumpkin carving photos:)

Mine's the middle one.

69295_1671567357840_1497060022_31787997_2783332_n.jpg

40867_1671569277888_1497060022_31788009_4328824_n.jpg

Monday afternoon salt-water gear rinsing will commence at 4:45-5:00PM!!
Check-out the Halloween Tombstones! They're pretty neat!

Anyone going to the Ramp this Saturday? Plan on being there around noonish.

I am going out with off the wall to dive the graveyard and do a night dive later. They are having all of their Halloween stuff this weekend. Will be fun to dive the graveyard near halloween. They are also offering a night dive on the graveyard. Pick your posion.
Jimmy

Could you post a dive report. Curious what the water temps are and the viz . I have not been up to the lake in a month and a half to two months . Tony and myself will be there not this weekend but the next weekend (11/6/10-11/7/10)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom