Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am getting itchy for some Jocassee, but I will have to see.

What is the best tent camping sites? Was thinking of tent camping from November 12th through 14th and would like to get some diving in. I would probably use off the wall scuba for charters or use the ramp. Interested to see if anyone will be diving then.

I know its a ways off but its the first weekend from now that I can do a few dives. Would like to plan a few dives to 150ft or so but would like to see the graveyard too.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Tony and myself will be there next weekend (16th,17th) Maybe we will you you then
Garth. That time of the year you allmost have the place to your self I would get a sight clost to the rest room/showers . The sights there have running water and Elect.. The primitive sights you have a bit of a ways to carry your gear (camping/scuba) to the sights . Of the wall will have the heater going on the boat around that time (weather will dictate). My dive dubby and I may be there like you said a little early to say for shure.

Nice. Lookin forward to the place to ourselves.

I was trying to keep that under wraps so to speak, so I will have less competition.:eyebrow:

Got to increase the creativity with more competition! haha

But here's the reply from Reese:
Pre-register, soon if you need rental gear.

Saturday, Oct 23
Time: 10am - 2pm
Cost $20 pp
Includes lunch and entry for pumpkin contest prizes.
Where: Jocassee Diver's ramp

I took second place last year. Not doing it this year. Best of luck if you are competing.

I was in Jocassee Monday afternoon "rinsing" the salt from my gear, and had the whole place to myself. Water temps were 68-69 above 60 ft. A nice quiet dive! Lots of bass and bream hanging around. Wish I had a speargun!! hehe.
After the coast trip this weekend, I'll probably be back there again on Monday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom