Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the dive season is just beginning!

When did the dive season end? :D

I am trying to convience the wife that a cavern is not a cave and there is a difference so she will let me do my cavern course but it ain't working!:shakehead:

You will learn in the class that there really is not a difference. It is the "Cavern" limitations that you are bound by that are strict and safe. I recommend an Intro to Tech, Fundies, or Essentials class before you take Cavern.

When did the dive season end?

Between Feb. 21 - April 16th! It was too cold for me to dive wet in these parts!:D
I thought it would help if my wife saw me not diving for a month and she would break down and approve the drysuit. :idk::banghead: :D DID NOT WORK!

You will learn in the class that there really is not a difference. It is the "Cavern" limitations that you are bound by that are strict and safe. I recommend an Intro to Tech, Fundies, or Essentials class before you take Cavern.

Well, you weren't suppose to tell her that!:shocked2: I think she reads the threads I post in. We have been :argument:

about weather or not eventually I could go cavern diving. I told her its not the samething as a cave!:shakehead: Now I will never get to go! :rofl3:

Thats why you never post your plans on the WWW! :wink:

Why won't she let you go? It is great training and very little of it is actually done in the "cave"rn.

Why won't she let you go?

She feels that it is an unsafe environment. So I have to respect her wishes until she changes her mind. I can dream and read dive reports until that time.

It is great training and very little of it is actually done in the "cave"rn.
It probably is great training but I would still not jump into it today if she said I could go! I know I am not ready to try to advance to the big leagues yet. I still have very few dives under my belt. I am still am working on trim and weighting with my gear which I am wanting to change again(Go to doubles)! Everytime I change a single thing I find myself in a slightly new position. I also still dive splits in my local quarry!:confused: :)popcorn:)

So I am slowly making my way up the ladder. I think becoming a safer diver is my next priority(stress and rescue)! Then intro to Tech,Fundies or essentials would be good. At my pace I will be 50 before entering the cavern but i will get there.:D When I do, I will probably never want to stop until I reach Full cave! :D

Ok, this :hijack: thingy is over, FOR NOW!:wink:

Jocassee yesterday, at the ramp, was 68F on the surface and 58F at 61'. Viz was ~12'. Two distinctive thermoclines: 25' and 43'. Crowds started rolling in around 9:30-10am.

That sound realy nice and warm . It sure beets the temps at Lake Lanier Fryday . Air temp was 82 degrees. surface was 72 degrees
@20' 66 degrees
@30' 53 degrees
Sounds like Jocassee was warming up realy nicely
It mite be a nother month befor I can get bake up to Jocassee
Thanks for the update Jeremy

Sunday May 16, 2010:
Air temp...85F
Surface...72F
60'...59F
105'...52F
Viz...10-25' (5-10' by the OW classes and 10-25' by the trees)

Wow it is really warming up, Much warmer than Lanier is....it is still 45 degrees at 85' and vis is horrid from 0 to 30'. Is anyone up for diving Jocassee on Thursday? I have the day off and would love to dive the boat ramp.

Surface: 80F... 15': 78F... 30': 75F... 60': 70F... 70': 68F

Viz: 8'-25' depending on depth and location.

Graveyard was at 137' viz 25' and 52F.
Junk was at 55' viz 15' and 72F
Ramp (second platform) was at 47' viz 9' and 75F

After a full day of diving I was able to pull off wearing just a long sleeve rash guard and some jammers with a hood and gloves at 65' on two night dives at the Junk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom