Lake Jocasse water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking about throwing a quick report together from our dives today, it was my first experience with a (major) drysuit leak!

On our first dive, we hit 140 and the temp got down to 54... second dive, 130 and 58. Both dives were on the wall, the first was near the junk and the second was at something Beach where there is that big rock overhang at 40/50'.

The flood/leak occurred at the beginning of the first dive so I got to enjoy that very "temperate" experience for the whole dive! Much appreciation to Bill (OTW Dive Charters) for coming through with some dry socks during the SI, no floods dive two and warm toes helped helped keep warm!:D

PS - Forgot the most important part - had a BLAST! Worked on some skills and got an idea of how things are laid out for future dive planning. GREAT DAY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
We dove there yesterday (4/9/11) and it was about 56 on the surface, 48 at depth in the forest. two sharp thermoclines at around 70 and 40 . I dove a 5 mil, hood, double gloves, and wool socks under my boots. I was comfortable almost the whole time but it might just be that im crazy.

Wow I have to say I am impressed... a 5 mil! :shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom