Ladies of SB - HELP on wife's equipment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

butchpalmer

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need some advice from the ladies of SB. My wife has informed me that she wants to start diving. I could not be happier nor have a better diving buddy! I want her to have a great experience and know she needs good fitting equipment to make things happen. So I am asking for any and all input on your experiences on equipment for her. I am considering a Ladyhawk from Scubapro for her BC and Henderson wetsuit and Scubapro reg, so if you have any experience with these let me know.

Please help this lowly husband in his quest.

Thanks in advance of your comments ladies.

ButchP

personally im a huge zeagle fan.. has been for years

has the mrs dive in any equipment yet?

edit: oh and congrats

I have a Ladyhawk and love it! It fits my body comfortably without squishing anything. My Scubapro reg is easy to breathe. It sounds like you want to take good care of your wife/buddy. You're on the right track!

My first question would be, what gear are you diving?

Get her to a good dive store and have her look around. While recommendations are good to an extent, gear is a very personal choice.

I have and love my SeaQuest ProD. One of my friends has a DivaLx she adores. I hate hers, she hates mine. Same with suits, fins, masks, regs...

If your shop has some choices, see if she can't get some pool time in different gear either during or after her course. If you have a dive club nearby, see if you can't borrow some alternatives to try.

My wife had about 150 dives on her Diva LX was never fully enthralled with it. It was her prefernce of what she tied before buying but it just wasn't clicking for her over time. See tried a DSS singles rig and it was like a moment of enlightenment.

One thing to consider is her comfort in the water and her need or desire to kike up high on the surface. A back inflate will not plant her face in the water but the caveat is that you don't go for a lot of lift. If you pump it up physics will persevere.

The bottom line is that she needs to try some stuff. In classes, in other shop pools and by borrowing. The more the better. Her first perception may not serve her well in the long run. This is where you walk the line as husband / mentor.

Pete

The bottom line is that she needs to try some stuff. In classes, in other shop pools and by borrowing. The more the better. Her first perception may not serve her well in the long run.

HANDERSON WET SUIT 5 MIL AND ATOMIC Z2 REG. HAWALL 2 MASK i love it..wets suit fits like a glove and yet makes you feel like your in your p-j keeps you warm...Good luck and someone stated that it is personable and they are correct. I tried several wet suits and had this one custom to fit longer arms and legs I'm 5 7" @ 1:20 lb

The bottom line is that she needs to try some stuff. In classes, in other shop pools and by borrowing. The more the better. Her first perception may not serve her well in the long run.

I agree :wink:

Back
Top Bottom