Ladies I need a book recommendation please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha:
I admit it. I have been out of the book loop. I would like to read a romantic novel that isn't goofy, is a bit spicy, yet has some sense to it so it will keep my interest.

I'm usually a non fiction reader..so it has to be good to keep my interest and be fiction.

Any ideas? I'm going to bring it on the plane for Cozumel Saturday.

I am late to this - you want funny, sexy, a little bit steamy, funny, fun, easy, laugh-out-loud holiday fare? Hit the Jennifer Cruisie books...her Welcome to Temptation book is fabulous and I have really enjoyed her others too...

Some of the Nora Roberts stuff is good. She did one called "The Reef" that is all about diving - really captured the feel of it. She writes characters very well and really does a good job with the murder/mystery genre.

I have just started the Janet Evanovich series, they are all numbered ("One for the Money", "Two for the Dough", "Three to get Deadly") Some romantic interest, lots of humor.

Lastly, the Tuesday Next series is great. The author's name is Fforde. Very hard to describe - except to say that they are excellent. Tuesday Next is the name of the main character (or is it Thursday Next??) Anyway, happy reading.

Pauline:
Jean M Auel, Earth's Childerns series - Clan of the Cave Bear.(First book)

Diana Gabaldon - Outlander (First book).

Both series now have 5 (big) books out, and the last parts are in the make, so this should have you covered for quite a few plane trips...
Both authors also did years of research before writing the books, so they're not goofy at all. I enjoyed them a lot.

Why only the first book (Outlander) from Gabaldon?? I have the entire collection including Lord John.. Her books are incredible!
Kerry

You all need to read "The crimson petal and the white".

Wow.

You have to pay attention to what is going on, and once you do, it will absorb you. It is the kind of book you put down at the last page, and you cry because you don't want the relationship you've developed with the characters to end.

If you follow or have any interest in the alternative or pre-christian history/practices, or just want some opposing thoughts to the 'standard' religous philosophies, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Kat:
One of my favorite books is Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's fiction, about rabbits. Yes, rabbits. But it is so good. There is a sequel, but I don't remeber the title.

There was another one called "Tales from Watership Down", but it wasn't really a sequel. It's more of a stand-alone continuation set in the same world with all new characters.

I'm not sure if it fits the romantic request of the thread starter though :lilbunny:

Natasha, tell me three books like this (if possible) that you have read in the past. That will help me recommend something good.

ScubaGoddess

Natasha:
I admit it. I have been out of the book loop. I would like to read a romantic novel that isn't goofy, is a bit spicy, yet has some sense to it so it will keep my interest.

I'm usually a non fiction reader..so it has to be good to keep my interest and be fiction.

Any ideas? I'm going to bring it on the plane for Cozumel Saturday.

Natasha, forget my earlier post. I hear that this book is awesome! Good recommendation.

nauifins73:
I have to recomend the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I read it and gave 6 copies to my friends. What a read!!!!!!! Intrigue, romance, and makes you think. His other book Angles & Demons was great too.

Becky

Do you guys ever read the first post in a thread ???? (04-24-2004, 07:41 PM) time stamp would seem to indicates that she's probably back from Coz already.

Yes, but it helps the rest of us who are looking for recommendations :D (BTW, Shaka, quite a new look for you!)

Does anyone know of any good murder mysteries/ thrillers set in tropical locations or on cruises? I have exhausted Carol Higgins Clark already, but that is the general idea I'm after...

Back
Top Bottom