Ladies I need a book recommendation please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I admit it. I have been out of the book loop. I would like to read a romantic novel that isn't goofy, is a bit spicy, yet has some sense to it so it will keep my interest.

I'm usually a non fiction reader..so it has to be good to keep my interest and be fiction.

Any ideas? I'm going to bring it on the plane for Cozumel Saturday.

Hi Natasha.

I dont' typically read books of that genre. But I do love perusing the airport book stores. Certainly makes the time in the airport pass quickly. One of my favorite things to do.

Paula

Jean M Auel, Earth's Childerns series - Clan of the Cave Bear.(First book)

Diana Gabaldon - Outlander (First book).

Both series now have 5 (big) books out, and the last parts are in the make, so this should have you covered for quite a few plane trips...
Both authors also did years of research before writing the books, so they're not goofy at all. I enjoyed them a lot.

Sidney Sheldon - my favourite author. There's a bit of romantic but isn't goofy and brings out womanhood in me..hehe..at least.
Book title: 1) The Best Laid Plans
2) The Sky Is Falling
3) The Stars Shine Down (read twice)

Prince of Tides. One of the best books I have ever read.

I'll second the Outlander series and the Auel books, too.

Another great series is the JD Robb "...in Death" books. They have romance with an edge and are also mysteries, set in 2030 NYC. JD Robb is actually Nora Roberts, but these books aren't as sappy as her regular romance novels. If you decide to read them, its a good idea to start at the beginning "Naked in Death" because they do have a progression to them.

Oh! I forgot about the Nora Roberts one that has scuba in it. I think its called "The Reef"--not overwhelmingly sappy and its not a series if you're just looking for one book to read on a trip.

I loved The Clan of the Cave Bears! I even liked the movie, not too many people did.
All of the books it that series were excellent. I've waited years for the next book to come out. I used to check a couple times a year. It took so long, I finally gave up hope. I had no idea the 5th book was out. I am on my way to the book store to pick it up! I'm not kidding, I can't wait.

5th book is good! Can't wait for number 6!
But I didn't know there was a movie????

Natasha, I don't know if this is what you had in mind,Try the Author Cassie Edwards, Anything "Savage" in the title,She writes about Native American romance,Captured or stolen Women who end up falling in love with thier captor. She can get pretty steammy in her writing and its not packed with romance there is good story in them.
Turtle Gal

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do, to catch up!
I'm walking distance to the library here, so I will see what they have in stock out of this list on Monday!

Thank you all so much!

I have read Sidney Sheldon's
1. Other side of Midnight
2. Bloodline
Enjoyed them both.
I'm wondering is 'The Stars Shine Down' as good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom