Ladies I need a book recommendation please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the library today.
Outlander was gone but they put a request in for me.
I got The Clan of the Cave Bear but they only had large print. I thought I'd look it over anyway.
I also was able to get only The Stars Shine Down, The Sky is Falling, and The Best Laid Plans.
So I checked out those four.
So which one should I take on the plane?

but I love Voodoo Nights. It has a bit of what you are looking for. It's an autobiography of a voodoo priestess and her life. Very very interesting. I am not really a reader (not much can hold my interest) but this one I couldn't put down.

Since you've already gone to the library, I might be late here, but I wanted to give everyone else looking for a good read my recommendations.

My favorite book ever is "The Wild Rose" by Doris Mortman. It's got adventure, romance, and is just an overall great one. I haven't read it recently, but my copy is falling apart from being reread so many times (there aren't many books that I will read more than once).

I am hesitant to recommend this, because people tend to feel strongly about them and if they like them, they've usually already read them, but I have to say to try out the Harry Potter books. I bought the first 2 on a whim (this was before there was a #3-5) to take with me on a vacation, before I had ever heard of them or there was the "sensation" about the books that there is now. I couldn't put them down. They're easy reading, so perfect for vacation, but still have good plots and interesting twists.

Whatever you end up with, have a great trip!

I definitely agree with you on the HP books! Most people turn away from them because it's a 'kids' book and because it's a big hype.

Well, these are the first 'kiddy' books that have kept me guessing till the end, even if it's easy reading! And the books just keep getting better. I've got them all in Dutch and English.

Definitely holiday reading!

One of the best books I've read in years was the "Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love". It isn't a romantic novel but it is an easy fun read. There were times I had tears running down my cheeks because I was laughing so hard. I don't know your age but it probably rings truer for someone in their mid-thirties and up.

- Kola

Natasha:
I admit it. I have been out of the book loop. I would like to read a romantic novel that isn't goofy, is a bit spicy, yet has some sense to it so it will keep my interest.

I'm usually a non fiction reader..so it has to be good to keep my interest and be fiction.

Any ideas? I'm going to bring it on the plane for Cozumel Saturday.

If you haven't read "Divine Secrets of Ya-Ya Sisterhood" (I think that's the title) that is a good one, too. Jean Auel's books are terrific - and I enjoyed Norah Roberts trilogy about the 3 witches....I think the first one was Dancing on Air. I thought they were really good.

I don't know my age either! :winky:

Sounds like a great book. I love to laugh when reading a book on a plane, and have everyone turn around and be jealous!

One of my favorite books is Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's fiction, about rabbits. Yes, rabbits. But it is so good. There is a sequel, but I don't remeber the title.
I liked the Flowers in the Attic series by V. C. Andrews, no laughs there, however. James Pattersons books about Dectective Alex Cross are another pretty good read, again not to many laughs, but riviting.

At 1:30 this afternoon I got a call from the library.
My request for Outlander came in, and I can pick it up within 5 days.
So off I went. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom