Ladies BC Sizing - different than mens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Dacor Extremelle for my girlfriend, but I'd kinda like it to be a surprise. None of the LDS carry that model (I think it has been discontinued) so I'll be mail-ordering it.

I'm wondering if some of the ladies could tell me if the BC's "designed for ladies" tend to run comparable in size to the "mens" BC's, or if they run significantly smaller.

My G/F is a pretty good size "solid" lady, 5'10 (and I hope she doesn't see this post!) 170'ish, 38-31-38 (give or take an inch or so here or there...) and normally wears a man's Large BC (athough could probaby get by with a Medium).

I've seen the Dacor ladies sizing chart and it seems like she should fit the Ladies Large, but I know how "generic" those sizing charts can be.

...hugely from brand to brand. One company's small can be bigger than another company's medium, in my experience.

I would go with the Dacor sizing chart... but make sure you can exchange the BC for a larger or smaller one if it doesn't fit.

Zept

:)
My boyfriend bought me the Dacor Extremelle. I got it for my bday and i love it. I got a large, and I am a 36-38 in the chest, i believe this would work for your gal as well. the BC has a vest that is optional, but i like it w/o. I would also have to special order it and they say to get one size bigger if you do.

there is also the Libra that works well for alot of my female friends. hope this helps
happy diving! she'll love it. Ashley :)

Something you might consider is the transpack II that has a wing with a soft bc setup. The other thing you might do is say someone off the list requested that you go in and try one on because of similar dimensions... just and idea.

I just returned to the sport of SCUBA after a 10 year absence.
Boy was I amazed at all the improvements! I bought a lady Hawk I love it! I am fairly large busted and what a fit! I read that it is not as comfortable or "loaded" as the others, but I can not think of anything else I would need from my BC. I plan on diving once a week. My family and I are leaving for Belize tomorrow morning and I am so happy to have my own top of the line gear!
Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom