Lack of response from Hollis and Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool. Tks guys! I will give them a jingle later. I understand they are in San Leandro and it is halfway around the globe from me. But to not have my dive com replacement sent back and it's been 3 months already, it's just not the best way of keeping a customer around....

If you haven't called them, I don't know why you would come to scubaboard first.
Due to time difference, I reckon there won't be anyone manning the phone at 3am .

I just figured I will check the board to see how's their response on the forum lately from others from my time zone that might have had the experience with the CS.

Due to time difference, I reckon there won't be anyone manning the phone at 3am .

I just figured I will check the board to see how's their response on the forum lately from others from my time zone that might have had the experience with the CS.
They have been very responsive to me via email. There is a contact form on the website

Lately ive been having issues trying to get a timeline about when my OCi will arrive... I was told it was on backorder and after about a month (beginning of july) I called them to get an expected timeline and was told there was a shipment that was going out the end of the week. End of week I had no updates on its delivery status and I was told the shipment didn't exist as they had no record of it and that the next shipment was supposed to arrive and be sent out by the 14th. I called today (11th) to see if that shipment had been processed or confirmed and was told that they had no record of a shipment until the 28th of July. I asked the rep why and they gave me the excuse that the distributor hadn't sent any yet. I asked them to call the distributor and magically, not 10 minutes later, I got a call back (because I requested a call after they spoke to the distributor) and it magically was found on a truck making its way to oceanic/huish for inspection before being sent out...and this all happened after I had called multiple times, been hung up on, received conflicting information...I'm not sure whats happening with Oceanic/Huish but I know that their customer service through huish after this merger is atrocious. If the OCi hasn't been received or located by the end of the week I planning on calling Oceanic/Huish again to try and find out why no one can give me accurate information. I'm hoping that their reps do read these posts as I am very disappointed with how this situation has been handled.

Lately ive been having issues trying to get a timeline about when my OCi will arrive... I was told it was on backorder and after about a month (beginning of july) I called them to get an expected timeline and was told there was a shipment that was going out the end of the week. End of week I had no updates on its delivery status and I was told the shipment didn't exist as they had no record of it and that the next shipment was supposed to arrive and be sent out by the 14th. I called today (11th) to see if that shipment had been processed or confirmed and was told that they had no record of a shipment until the 28th of July. I asked the rep why and they gave me the excuse that the distributor hadn't sent any yet. I asked them to call the distributor and magically, not 10 minutes later, I got a call back (because I requested a call after they spoke to the distributor) and it magically was found on a truck making its way to oceanic/huish for inspection before being sent out...and this all happened after I had called multiple times, been hung up on, received conflicting information...I'm not sure whats happening with Oceanic/Huish but I know that their customer service through huish after this merger is atrocious. If the OCi hasn't been received or located by the end of the week I planning on calling Oceanic/Huish again to try and find out why no one can give me accurate information. I'm hoping that their reps do read these posts as I am very disappointed with how this situation has been handled.
You've complained about Oceanic service on several threads now. Personally, I've had good service. I would advise you to vote with your wallet and switch to a brand you think may have better service. Of course, you are a young guy and probably think you are the center of the universe and that all service requests revolve around you. :)

You've complained about Oceanic service on several threads now. Personally, I've had good service. I would advise you to vote with your wallet and switch to a brand you think may have better service. Of course, you are a young guy and probably think you are the center of the universe and that all service requests revolve around you. :)

This is one of my first major orders and ive had a horrendous experience with their customer service...their products ive not had an issue with. I'm kinda in the hole because I did the trade-in and I would like to not have to lose that...but if my order continues to get pushed back on its delivery date I am looking at my options to cancel my order and (if possible) recover the geo 2 that I traded in for. And if you've read my posts, you would see that Ive asked for an expected delivery date and ive received conflicting information and have been told that information from other representatives has been incorrect. I don't mind waiting for my order, but I want to know when its coming in. Not be told its "next week" every week that I call them... And if their customer service finds it ok to hang up on customers and distribute false information about their orders I truly believe its something that other potential customers need to be aware of. And I don't see how me commenting on different threads are relevant...its not like I'm spreading inflammatory information or saying that all the reps are like that or that Oceanic/Huish is out to steal your money...just that im having a very poor experience with the company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom