La Paz diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaymi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, new to this site-just signed up. I am planning a trip to La Paz and wondering if anyone has heard anything about Club Cantamar. My understanding is the dive sites are all pretty far out-about how far? Looking to see some big stuff, is this a good time of year? Anyone have any good recommendations on hotel and dive sites? Thanks

I just went back from La Paz.
I got 4 days diving at cantamar. The hotel is simple but ok, the food is not spectacular, and the bad think is the hotel is located 10 kms far from downtown if you want to have dinner in other place, but the price and the diving was very good.
We were lucky to dive with a whale shark the last day. simply spectacular.
We also dove with sea lions, turtles, snappers, angel fish, and other species, we saw a sea horse. Also we saw at surface lots of dolphins, mobula mantas, and pilot whales.
I think the best season to dive la paz is september and october.
Dive sites are about 40 minutes to 3 hours, there are lots of places, wrecks, reef, deep dives, and they plan it according to the dive group. They also divided the group in two when needed (advanced ones from new ones). Crew was very helpful.
Hope you can see the whaleshark too.

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds great. I hope I can see the whale shark also-it would be a first. I bet that was so exciting!!!!!! sounds like they had a lot to see

pitah,
What did you think about La Paz? Would you go back? We've been to the caribbean a lot-but want something a little bit different that doesn't cost a fortune. It sounds cool from what you wrote. Anything you could add about the place would be great!!! Thanks

I dive each winter in the islands (and on the mainland Baja coast) between La Paz and Loreto. The home port for the boat I work on is La Paz, so we are in there every four to seven days. We contract with the Cortez Club when we have passengers diving (I do the videotaping and lecturing as the marine biologist).

Doc

I've heard a lot of good things about the Cortez Club. Where are the best dive sites? How are the conditions in Sept.?
thanks for the help

hi.
this was my second time diving at la paz. and yes i would like to go back again.
about others dive operators i dove once with buceo carey, and had good recomendations about cortez club and baja expeditions. They all offer you packages with or without hotel.
Cantamar tends to have larger groups, (15 - 20 persons) but when we were there we had the option to dive from a small panga, just the 3 persons in our group. That was nice. Dive sites are the same for all operators. hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom