La Paz diving advice in early February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the late reply. If you are still considering doing Cabo Pulmo as a daytrip, you need to consider that it is easily a 2 1/2 to 3 hrs drive each way from La Paz.

I was in Cabo Pulmo during peak season in early November, and the key lessons I learned were: (1) avoid weekends, altho maybe it is less crowded in February; (2) at least during peak season, even spending a week there is no guarantee that you will get to dive any of the five choicest divesites, including the El Vencedor Wreck, which tends to be where the best chances are of seeing Bulls. This is because the number of divers at each of these sites per week is severely restricted by the Park officials.

As for La Paz,, I dove 2 days and also did Los Islotes (twice) and Swanee once (lots of fish, and seeing cormorants hunting was rather unexpected). I didnt care too much for the Fan Ming Wreck.

Casa Madre is a decent Italian restaurant, as is J&R Ribs for BBQ.

Good luck.

Just wanted to follow up. I had a superb experience with Deep Baja. There were very windy conditions one day so we had to defer, but it was perfect the day we did go. It's a long drive from San Jose del Cabo to La Paz but worth it, in my opinion. Pavement quality is quite good. The boat was ready on time, in excellent repair, and the guide Maritza was one of the best I've ever had. Excellent skill with people, great in the water, very knowledgeable about the whale sharks, and excellent English. Very glad to have done it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom