Kudos to the Ginnie Staff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soggy:
Yeah, the rule itself is completely beyond logic or reason and is borderline moronic, but it's not Ginnie's fault.

Specifically prohibiting doubles is just fundamentally *stupid*.

Soggy:

Since you think the rule is moronic and stupid I sincerely hope you are going to campaign the NACD and the CDS to change the rule.

April 8, 2006 is the next NACD Board of Directors' meeting and will be held at Ginnie Springs. I hope you can attend and voice your opinions face-to-face with the board members.

If you cannot attend then I hope you will draft a letter supporting your position so as to help make the changes you so adamantly support. But maybe you could leave the words "moronic" and "stupid" out of your discussion, just a thought.

Capt Jim Wyatt:
Soggy:

Since you think the rule is moronic and stupid I sincerely hope you are going to campaign the NACD and the CDS to change the rule.

April 8, 2006 is the next NACD Board of Directors' meeting and will be held at Ginnie Springs. I hope you can attend and voice your opinions face-to-face with the board members.

If you cannot attend then I hope you will draft a letter supporting your position so as to help make the changes you so adamantly support. But maybe you could leave the words "moronic" and "stupid" out of your discussion, just a thought.

Jim
Very good comment and I concur. I would invite anybody to attend the next NSS-CDS board of director meeting April1st in Marianna,FL to voice their comments,or send a letter/e-mail to the board which can be found at http://www.nsscds.com/bod2005.html

Signed
Kelly Jessop
Leadership Director NSS-CDS

Having just come back from my NACD Intro Training, I do plan on writing a letter. I can be more polite when I set my mind to it :wink:

Capt Jim Wyatt:
Soggy:

grazie42:
Why are only gas rules singled out for this treatment? What about all the other rules that could be broken? Like solo-diving. Why aren´t people requiring that you show up to sites with your buddy?

The NACD neither condones nor disapproves of solo diving...at least according to the manual.

No, having read it, I know that they don´t. Perhaps solodiving was a bad example. Why aren´t people checking how many backuplights you´re carrying?

My question is basically, why is the focus of enforcement, on the tanks and not on any of the other stuff that impact safety...it doesn´t make any sense to me to be strict on one rule but not any of the others, specially when things like number of lights, reels etc are just as easy to check...I´m sure that´s just me though...

GDI:
Sog I'm not against you But I do need to state one more time that it is not just the NACD that has this limitation.
Did you not catch the reference to GUE not wanting singles? GUE is right. Anyone who disagrees is wrong, will die, and will disgrace the entire diving community with their incompetence! GUE is right! GUE is right! Diving GUE is DIR!

I can see both sides of the issue.
Which clearly indicates that you are not GUE trained.

adder70:
Did you not catch the reference to GUE not wanting singles? GUE is right. Anyone who disagrees is wrong, will die, and will disgrace the entire diving community with their incompetence! GUE is right! GUE is right! Diving GUE is DIR!

Ok, NAUI, too. Does that make it less offensive to you? Does it help that my intro class is NACD? Do you actually have an argument, or are you just pissy because GUE and NAUI might actually be right?

There is not one single argument in this entire thread that, when analyzed, can justify single tanks in a cave. If you have a burst disk failure at maximum penetration on 1/3rds of a single tank in a low-flow system and a 2-person team, you will probably drown. It's that simple.

Nice hose routing in your avatar, btw :wink:

Soggy:
Ok, NAUI, too. Does that make it less offensive to you? Does it help that my intro class is NACD? Do you actually have an argument, or are you just pissy because GUE and NAUI might actually be right?

There is not one single argument in this entire thread that, when analyzed, can justify single tanks in a cave. If you have a burst disk failure at maximum penetration on 1/3rds of a single tank in a low-flow system and a 2-person team, you will probably drown. It's that simple.

Nice hose routing in your avatar, btw :wink:
You know Sheck used to say 1/3s was a (bare) minimum,and he used to say the same scenario that if you had a failure on doubles at maximum penetration and had to air share you more likely were not going to make it out. Even if you have the ability to isolate you have 2/3 of a buddy and a partial of a single tank at that maximum penetration point. Now the team will have elevated breathing rate and will have to swim and negotiate restricitions on a 7ft hose-will the team make it out,let me contact Las Vegas because the odds aren't real good.

i read that limit as being there for those folks who aren't already diving doubles before intro and need the practice & experience with them before taking them into overheads.

but that might be because that's where i am, so i'm seeing the rule through my personal perspective.

i can see how this restriction might be more than annoying for everyone already diving doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom