Kubi rings leaking badly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pack superglue to fix the holes in my glove..... so I don't have to change gloves, because I too have nightmares (and my wife still makes fun of me for that time gloves kicked my ass!!:))

@Zef actually sent me some rings that are supposed to make the process 100% easier, but my superglue from before he sent them is still holding strong.
I have Zef’s o rings too but like getting a shock unexpectedly I’ve yet to try them, I just use Rolock most of the time.

Leave the silly string out and do a shallow dive. Use the wrist seal to isolate which side the leak is on.
Or at this point hopefully no leak is found.

I spent several dives chasing down a leak this year. I think I finally found it. Thought it was zipper. Had to turn the suit inside out and pump a lot of air in and a spray bottle of soapy water. Found a nick on the neck seal that was a hinged flap. Didn't see it on visual inspection. Didn't leak on regular pressure test. Inverted suit would open the nicked seal and the flap would let air out. Which is the same as letting water in while diving.

Now get the MRI done on the knee and have some idea what I tore up in it so I can get back to diving.

Left the silly string out today. No deeper than 20ft solo on a large platform working on skills since buddy cancelled on me and viz on the shallow side of the quarry was crap, from all reports. Fleece under gloves were somewhat damp, but nowhere near needing to ring them out. Left was somewhat damper than the right, but not too bad.

Didn’t notice if my left sleeve was wet as it was raining when I was getting out of my suit.

Diving tomorrow with a buddy and we’ll be going deeper (45ft or so). May leave the silly string out again. Not sure.

I dove all three days this weekend. I left the silly string out all three days. Max depth was 49ft.

Saturday and Sunday both Fourth Element fleece under gloves were damp. Left more than right.

Today I left under glove was pretty wet. Right a bit less. I had packed up my gear in a hurry at the quarry yesterday as I’d gotten a short notice invitation to dive up in WI today. I did not put the gloves on the suit which is how I usually have thing before a dive day.

I dive the blue smurf gloves and love them. I typically get several years out of a glove.
They are tough and require a lot of hand strength to fit. I have been using them with Ultima rings for the last few years.
I can swap them out in a couple of minutes, but it definitely isn't an easy stretch.

I dive the blue smurf gloves and love them. I typically get several years out of a glove.
They are tough and require a lot of hand strength to fit. I have been using them with Ultima rings for the last few years.
I can swap them out in a couple of minutes, but it definitely isn't an easy stretch.

I’m not going to drive 10+ hours round trip to have you put gloves on my Kubi rings. :rofl3:

I’m not going to drive 10+ hours round trip to have you put gloves on my Kubi rings. :rofl3:
Horse hockey, you have driven 10 hours for less.

You mean the red rings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom