Kubi rings leaking badly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My gloves never leaked. I have no idea what you are talking about. As for changing the gloves on the Rolock ring, yeah about a minute as well.
Gosh.

Maybe I just buy the cheap G17K gloves that come with pre-made holes in them, or the ones which just occasionally shred in the water. Would really like a pair of your lucky gloves!

In any case, I change one glove at least every couple of months (circa 80 dives a year for 100-ish hours underwater).

The only gloves that haven't leaked are a pair of the super heavy-duty textured Kubi gloves which are an utter b'stard to fit as they're so thick. So difficult to fit that I bought a second pair of rings to have a winter pair and summer pair.

so how do you mount gloves with a lining, like 3416? The gloves shown are the thin rubber which are pretty easy to hole.

If I remember correctly, you do it like you would the Ultima. I don’t have the hand strength to get those gloves on the rings, so after it didn’t work out, I gave the gloves away and I just use the thin gloves. The dexterity is worth it. The blue smurf gloves fit me well, but if I can’t get them on the rings, they’re not an option. And don’t “you’re not doing it properly.” I know other women divers who can’t get those gloves on rings either.

so how do you mount gloves with a lining, like 3416? The gloves shown are the thin rubber which are pretty easy to hole.

This person created a helper ring for this purpose, I believe they have a separate video somewhere on the ring itself.

If I remember correctly, you do it like you would the Ultima. I don’t have the hand strength to get those gloves on the rings, so after it didn’t work out, I gave the gloves away and I just use the thin gloves. The dexterity is worth it. The blue smurf gloves fit me well, but if I can’t get them on the rings, they’re not an option. And don’t “you’re not doing it properly.” I know other women divers who can’t get those gloves on rings either.
That was what I thought, that they were more along the line of ultima, I still have nightmares about having to change a glove on the ultima.

That was what I thought, that they were more along the line of ultima, I still have nightmares about having to change a glove on the ultima.

I pack superglue to fix the holes in my glove..... so I don't have to change gloves, because I too have nightmares (and my wife still makes fun of me for that time gloves kicked my ass!!:))

@Zef actually sent me some rings that are supposed to make the process 100% easier, but my superglue from before he sent them is still holding strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom