Kubi rings leaking badly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.

Also can’t remember if my left arm got wet this weekend. I don’t think so.
Result! Yay! (As you can't remember, it couldn't have been that bad)

At least you're diving. I'm struggling like hell to get a boat to play on!

Result! Yay! (As you can't remember, it couldn't have been that bad)

At least you're diving. I'm struggling like hell to get a boat to play on!

I dived Sat & Sunday at a VERY low viz quarry. I drove 8 hours round trip up to Wisconsin (spent Saturday night) to get much better viz yesterday. Three days in a row! I don’t do that often.

Even if my left arm didn’t get wet, under gloves still did.

Even if my left arm didn’t get wet, under gloves still did.

Here's a thought... switch the gloves over between rings, e.g. left ring has right glove, right ring has left glove.

This would verify the rings from the problem.

Then repeat but this time switch the gloves over (blow them inside out to change sides).

If it's still on the LHS, it has to be the suit side rings. But you're not getting wet sleeves, only gloves...

Here's a thought... switch the gloves over between rings, e.g. left ring has right glove, right ring has left glove.

This would verify the rings from the problem.

Then repeat but this time switch the gloves over (blow them inside out to change sides).

If it's still on the LHS, it has to be the suit side rings. But you're not getting wet sleeves, only gloves...

Good idea, thanks. I’ll be diving Saturday so I’ll try it out.

@Wibble

Forgot to update this thread. So I switched gloves to the opposite rings. First time, flood.

Couldn’t tell you what’s happened, but the last three weeks or so, under gloves are damp, but not soaked. Could be sweat as the water is still warm (high 60sF) and air temp has been warm, too, until the last few days. Happy to no longer have a leak!

Forgot to update this thread. So I switched gloves to the opposite rings. First time, flood.
Just to clarify; was the leak was on the same hand or did it swap to the other hand?

---

Had a leak on Saturday -- nothing special about that! Jumped in and felt some cold on my inner wrist just as I started to descend. Checked the glove was fully pushed home, it was, but continued down (the hassle of getting out of the water is just too annoying). Was thinking that if push came to shove I could pop the glove off, pull out the piece of string I use for equalising under the seal and put the glove back on.

I tried to pull the string out without removing the glove, but to no avail. I'm going to try putting a stopper knot on the end of the string so that I have something to grab through the glove which I can then pull the string out without removing the glove.

By the end of the 2 hours it had flooded my arm and shoulder. Thankfully the water's relatively warm end-of-season 15C/60F and I just turned on the heated vest for the last few minutes.

This indicates a problem on that ring.

Get an O-ring kit and replace the red ring.

Undergloves; obviously any can be used. I like the Forth Element GL1 -- Glove Liners. These are thin 2mm? neoprene gloves which are flexible and fit nicely. You retain your dexterity and feeling, but they work well when the glove leaks -- and clearly show a leak too as the grey colour changes to black when wet.

Back
Top Bottom