Kubi Ring Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What's an appropriate fit?

I made the ring template to fit my hand through, and had the following observations -
With the equivalent of a liner glove on, my hand went through the 90mm hole with what I would term, a small amount of rubbing on the widest area of my hand. For a 100mm hole, there really wasn't any contact with my hand. Since I want to use the smallest ring that's appropriate, does the small amount of contact going through the 90mm hole mean that I should use a 100mm ring? Or, is the slight rub ok since once the widest part of the hand is past there, it's no longer an issue. Thanks.

What's an appropriate fit?

I made the ring template to fit my hand through, and had the following observations -
With the equivalent of a liner glove on, my hand went through the 90mm hole with what I would term, a small amount of rubbing on the widest area of my hand. For a 100mm hole, there really wasn't any contact with my hand. Since I want to use the smallest ring that's appropriate, does the small amount of contact going through the 90mm hole mean that I should use a 100mm ring? Or, is the slight rub ok since once the widest part of the hand is past there, it's no longer an issue. Thanks.
Cut if out of cardboard, put on the thickest number of layers you'll feasibly use, and see if you can squeeze your hands through. I have an XL hand and use 80mm. Sounds like 90mm probably appropriate for you imo.

Go 90. Slight rubbing is fine. The idea is to reduce the size and bulk as much as possible. I roll my thumb knuckle (is that really a thing) toward the palm of my hand to make my hand as small as possible. There is friction but still an easy fit.

Cut if out of cardboard, put on the thickest number of layers you'll feasibly use, and see if you can squeeze your hands through. I have an XL hand and use 80mm. Sounds like 90mm probably appropriate for you imo.

I did make the template out of cardboard. As this is my first experience with dry gloves, I'm not sure how thick of a liner is too thick. My "experiment" was with a glove that I would guess to be the equivalent of a 1mm thick glove. I just don't know if having a little contact as the hand goes through is the norm.

A little contact is pretty much perfect. Sounds like you'll be good with the 90s.

stuartv - as I mentioned in my reply to your post in the undergarment thread, my order went in yesterday and I went with the 90mm ring size. Again, thanks for the confirming feedback.

stuartv - as I mentioned in my reply to your post in the undergarment thread, my order went in yesterday and I went with the 90mm ring size. Again, thanks for the confirming feedback.
can you confirm the 90mm works well for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom