Kubi Dry Glove Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont_Hold_Your_Breath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Tested out my Kubi dry gloves today and I must be doing something wrong. When I press the glove side into the black o-ring on the suit side wanted to jump over to the ring on my hand. Pretty sure I'm just pushing the glove on too hard. I watched videos of people installing their Kubi dry gloves and tried to follow what they did.

It seems they gently press the glove side on so that the red o-ring is no longer visible but you can still see the outside of the black o-ring. This approach worked well for me for while but during one test my glove popped off. I tried removing all the air in the glove before installing the glove which seemed to help and was staying shallow in 1m of water. Would like to confirm that it's really just a gentle push to get the glove side on and any other advice/suggestions. Seems like they come off easier than I would like but might just take some getting used to. I installed Showa Atlas 495 gloves for some cold water diving I'm going to do so that could be part of the problem too, the gloves are nice but at 2.5mm thick they were pretty hard to get on the rings.

Glove when installed (before the cuff covering is pulled over):
1728606745015.png

Glove side:
1728606719227.png

I’m struggling to understand exactly what problem you’re having, but one thing I can tell you is that the way you have the gloves installed at the moment will leak. You have to install them the other way around for lined gloves, otherwise water wicks along the lining.

Hi there -

It does look like your black o ring (which holds the cuff protector in place) is too close to the red o ring.

There should be a ~4mm space (marked 'A' below) between the red and cuff protector black o ring. Push the glove all the way in until this space is gone and the black o ring is pushed against the drysuit assembly. This extra space makes a big difference in the seal.

I suspect you may have have placed the red o ring, and glove o ring, on the wrong sides of the glove assembly - A mistake I also made the first time.

Kubi 2024-10-11 133026.jpg

And - in the category of 'Tips I did not ask for', as we are on things Kubi:

1) I find large amounts of spit is the perfect lubricant for getting these gloves on.
2) Ansell heavy duty gloves, found in supermarkets worldwide, are more than adequate as dry gloves, at a fraction of the price of 'official' dry gloves.
3) Do you struggle to stretch the O rings when getting them onto the grooves? If so then use a tapered cocktail shaker as an applicator to dilate the ring and apply:

Hubi 2 2024-10-11 133422.jpg

Cheers
Rohan

For cloth-lined gloves like the Showas you posted you basically need to invert the glove fitting. The excess of the glove will be on the inside and seal against the outer goal surface rather than the cloth-lined surface.

There is a guide here (with pictures)

For cloth-lined gloves like the Showas you posted you basically need to invert the glove fitting. The excess of the glove will be on the inside and seal against the outer goal surface rather than the cloth-lined surface.

There is a guide here (with pictures)

Thank you that is super helpful! Will redo my dry gloves tomorrow and see how it goes. I have done a little googling and watching videos but still confused which side the red o-ring goes on. Tried both sides and both seem to fit equally well into my suit. Looked at the user guide and wasn't clear to me either and my rings do not have the markings on them that @Tassie_Rohan has. I hate to ask without looking into it more but running on one hour of sleep.

Capture.JPG

Thank you that is super helpful! Will redo my dry gloves tomorrow and see how it goes. I have done a little googling and watching videos but still confused which side the red o-ring goes on. Tried both sides and both seem to fit equally well into my suit. Looked at the user guide and wasn't clear to me either and my rings do not have the markings on them that @Tassie_Rohan has. I hate to ask without looking into it more but running on one hour of sleep.

View attachment 865249
Hi there - I added the markings in my image in photoshop.

The red ring that seals with the dry suit sleeve goes in groove 1
The black ring that holds the glove goes in groove 2.

Back
Top Bottom