Kristina's memorial plaque discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Fisheater's suggestion as well. She was always taking newbies out to Breakwater. I think that site will get the most visitors.

Paula

I like Fisheater's suggestion as well. She was always taking newbies out to Breakwater. I think that site will get the most visitors.

Paula

I am selfish here, she was my first dive buddy in NorCal (Monterey, CA) and we did a couple of dives at Breakwater followed by a boat dive next day. Another time we did breakwater as well.

I know I will always remember her whenever I have a chance to dive Breakwater. It would be good to have the plaque there.

I know when I see octopus I'll think of her.
Paula and I took her on a night dive when she wanted to see octopi. We must have seen 6 or 8 that night. Must have been because she was with us I suppose.

Perhaps an image of an octopus should be placed on the plaque.

My suggestion is right at the edge of Metridium Fields, due north (magnetic) of the end of the pipe. That way, she greets divers swimming in from the pipe and would be a marker for finding their way back to the pipe.

Do you mean on that rock that looks like three thick slices of bread, that sits about 5 feet south of the first metridium reef north of the Big Pipe's outer end? I've always called that the 'Milestone', and it's always been the point at which I arrive/depart the metridium fields when going to/from the Big Pipe. It can be seen at 0:58 in Kathydee's video

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/368681-metridium-fields-saturday-1-29-11-a.html

It does have a kelp stipe attached at certain times of the year, so maybe putting the plaque on the side, facing the Big Pipe, would be better than on top.

Guy

I got the impression fisheater meant somewhere nearer half-way between the end of the pipe and the metridium fields... kinda like a marker to let newer people know they are on the right track

Wherever it ends up, i think its a good idea.

Yes I agree, the pipe is a excellent location!

I got the impression fisheater meant somewhere nearer half-way between the end of the pipe and the metridium fields... kinda like a marker to let newer people know they are on the right track

Wherever it ends up, i think its a good idea.

I like this idea, that area has very little of interest It would be nice to see that along the way.

I love the idea of installing a plaque at BW for Kristina ;-). Can we legally do so? I'm not so sure about placing it to the south of the Metridium fields on a landmark stone where everybody passes.

Maybe it's best to check in with her regular BW partners like Fortubo, her son, etc to see if there is a place that was special to her.

I love the idea of installing a plaque at BW for Kristina ;-). Can we legally do so? I'm not so sure about placing it to the south of the Metridium fields on a landmark stone where everybody passes.

Maybe it's best to check in with her regular BW partners like Fortubo, her son, etc to see if there is a place that was special to her.

Yes definitely, That's exactly what we need

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom