Kristina's memorial plaque discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck pretty much every comp boat uses a bronze rudder. Well most any inboard for that matter. What we need is a used one for free. Probably every ship or boat repair facility has one sitting around. CL had a huge sailboat one that would have worked perfect except they wanted $300 for all the underwater gear. A strut large enough would work too.

Brand new: RUDDER ASSEMBLY-Discount Inboard Marine

Used: Boaters Resale Shop of Texas

""I think that ashes is a "no go."

A memorial plaque in a Marine Sanctuary is on shaky legal ground as it is. Best not to make it worse. There are very strict California statutes on the disposal/storage of human remains. ""

Agreed..and if im not mistaken Kristina was Catholic and as one myself..cremation is allowed but the remains must stay together and not spread...

Hey, has the memorial thing for Kristina stalled? I have a buddy who did the same thing for a freediving friend of his who died. He had the memorial made out of granite or marble though with thick coatings of whatever you coat marble/granite in to help protect the thing during yearly cleanings.

Does this sound like a good idea? I'll get more details from him as to where he got it made. Should be easier than finding a metalsmith? He probably just went to a place that sells gravestones. We'd need liftbags to get it in place.

please do so , so we have some alternatives.

There are other divers who died in Monterey, no need to pollute the water with metals and etc. If you want to honor her memory, go out diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom