Kona Dive Op: Sea Paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are looking for some good shore diving on Kona. We are newly certified so nothing to advanced. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the info, especially Liokai.....very helpful. The reason why I ask about them is it is very near where we are planning to stay, so although it is on the south side it works for us.

Scubamax

Is Robin still running Sea Paradise? I met him there in the 80's when he was just getting it going. He ran a good op.

gilbertaz:
My wife and I are looking for some good shore diving on Kona. We are newly certified so nothing to advanced. Any suggestions?
Aloha, search this board, the subject has been covered pretty well. If you are newly certified, you may be better off under supervision for the first few dives. Hook up with some guided services to get the lay of the land. Then go off on your own when you know the drill.

Also if you are coming in winter, be very careful. Good rule of thumb is if there are surfers out on the water, its probably not a good spot/time for diving. Also we get rogue waves in winter, keep your eye on the coming waves don't turn your back for long. Have fun!

I've used Kona Honu last August and was very happy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom