Komodo water temps in Central/South Central/South sites in late Sept/early Oct?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South Komodo has beautiful soft corals but with it also comes cooler temps (one site is named Yellow Wall for its wall of yellow soft coral). Three sisters is another gorgeous site with tons of fish and soft coral. Viz can be tricky much like Raja. Plenty of fish life in Komodo. Beautiful Anthias and lots of different schools of fish.

I like macro but at the same time, I still want to be diving in
amongst beautiful corals, vistas and see some large stuff too, if available.. I've found that place. Now I'm wondering if there's another place similar. I gather Tulamben is not that place after all.
Tulamben is definitely a macro centric place. Other than the wreck it is mostly black sand slopes, algae and rubble with a coral bommie here and there. When I was there for 10 days my guide and I found over 130 different Nudibranch species. It was crazy. Tons of cephalopods, froggies and a couple rhinopias as well.

Hmm perhaps you haven't actually answered my question about south Komodo. How are the corals there? What's on offer for fishlife besides dirtfarmer's beloved macro? :)

As Dan and Cali_diver say there are Manta and plenty of fish life.
Three Sisters reminded me of Raja Ampat, not as many big fish but great soft and hard coral habitat. Along with great macro. When we dived it there were about 8 frogfish, and loads of Nudis. And some tricky current.
And in Horseshoe Bay I really found Eagle Point to be spectacular, again great soft and hard coral habitat, and great macro.
I even liked it better than Canibal Rock, which is often spoken as one of the best sites. It didn't have a spare spot for anything new to grow.

LOL but dirtfarmer, you already know.

Ya, it's hard to keep a secret if more than one person (me) knows about it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom