Ko Tao / Ko Samui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes I wonder why I comment on this site. I offered a name of a great company that offers the option to take a faster boat and I’m criticized for it.
LOL.
"Having money"! Wow far out! We all have money to go for holiday and there is NO need to announce it pathetically. You had been justifyly criticized for that. And you still did not get it. Stand back in amazement!

Sometimes I wonder why I comment on this site. I offered a name of a great company that offers the option to take a faster boat and I’m criticized for it.
It wasn't the operator, but the way you incited you have the money to do it.

I personally enjoy the time to prepare, at my own pace, then reflect and discuss the dive travelling back. I’m on holiday, not rushing to meet some timescale.

The one downside, so far found in Koh Tao, is all operators start too early; 09:00 would suit me.

The one downside, so far found in Koh Tao, is all operators start too early; 09:00 would suit me.
When I was diving on Koh Tao, some years ago, with Sairee Cottage Divers, they had two boats - one for students, which started at the usual early hour, and another for fun divers, which started at something like eight or nine in the morning, went out for three dives, and came back around five in the evening. I don't know whether or not they still do this.

When I was diving on Koh Tao, some years ago, with Sairee Cottage Divers, they had two boats - one for students, which started at the usual early hour, and another for fun divers, which started at something like eight or nine in the morning, went out for three dives, and came back around five in the evening. I don't know whether or not they still do this.
Doesn't look like they do that any more. Their website does say they do experienced fun dives leaving at 12pm, back for 5pm. Could be worth checking them out on my next trip.

When we were in Thailand last month we stayed on Koh Samui at Harry's Bungalows for less than $50 per night. There were several places nearby that cost about half that much.

Do you have suggestion for best budget place to stay on Koh Tao for single divers?
I was on Tao over Christmas; stayed at Nat Resort in Sairee - it was nice enough, cost about a thousand baht per night for an aircon bungalow, and they have cheaper rooms as well, albeit with shared bathrooms. Location is right on Sairee beach. My only gripe with the place is low water pressure in the showers.

Mae Haad is my preference because of its proximity to the ferry terminal and Master Divers. The places is very quiet at night.
Sairee beach is more lively in the evening.
I have not visited the place since the onslaught of Wuhan Virus and I believe some places had not survived because of that.
The reviews on Agoda, booking.com and TripAdvisor's are good sources for information.

Back
Top Bottom