Know one of these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheelietaco:
again not being a smart ***. i want gue training. talked to them about prices and location. but i have read that alot of people see these guys struting around thinking they are better then everyone else. sorry if i offended anyone. again read my first line in this post.
You aren't offending me in the least, but have you read what you have posted?

Does the concept of Pre Judging come to mind?

thats why i said stereotypical. I personally have never met a dir diver. I would like to. imagine what they could teach me. that meaning, what everyone else thinks of them not me.

wheelietaco:
thats why i said stereotypical. I personally have never met a dir diver. I would like to imagine what they could teach me. that meaning, what everyone else thinks of them not me.
So you haven't met one, but you already have your idea of what a stereotypical DIR diver is like. (or a least what a DIR wannabe is).

Oh well.

i also said i will keep the possibility open. incase he was telling the truth. It just seemed as though he was making it up. Alot the stories in this thread could be true so by what you are saying should go to all the people who have posted something in this thread. so lets get back to what its about.

i don't see them that way man. it was not ment to be bad. I just used a common phrase that people use to point out POSERS . You should read what some of the posts say about them. i haven't been on here long. but have read a lot that people see them that way. I WANT GUE TRAINING. I have nothing against them.

I talk to and see them all the time when I was working on an ambulance. The service I worked for was pretty slow and did mostly basic level medical transfers but to listen to some of the other paramedics talk, you would think we were in the middle of Detroit, Chicago, LA, etc!

gcbryan:
You know the type, every community has one. He's an average diver who up to now has done nothing special but for some reason has become the local dive guru. SAC rate...he has the lowest, dive skills...superior, if you don't believe it just ask him:wink:

As a matter of fact those that have only heard of him are more impressed than those who actually know him. You can look up to many people in the dive industry but the legitimate ones are always the most modest and unassuming. The type of guy I'm describing is the type who if it wasn't for self-promotion would get no promotion at all:wink:

These guys are comical.

Any comedian's in your area of the country?

Of course, saw some not that long ago. Any local bar has one or two. Like tke K, I'm a Vietnam Veteran and have met many a lame soul claiming to be such. A few well placed questions usually leaves them silent. Diving does seem to attract it's fair share of hero divers and wannabes. Many have pointed that out. The real deals don't talk about it, they do it. I've been fortunate enough to work with and dive with some of the real deals, men and women.

It's interesting and seems to be true. People who are the most humble probably have the most to brag about and those that brag should be the most humble.

Why are people so screwed up?

I don't know, but it sure is entertaining.

Kevfin:
It's interesting and seems to be true. People who are the most humble probably have the most to brag about and those that brag should be the most humble.
I'm not sure that it is because they are humble. More like Quietly confident. (At least thats how I see them)

JeffG:
I'm not sure that it is because they are humble. More like Quietly confident. (At least thats how I see them)

You can be humble and confident you know:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom