Know one of these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
I'm not a mean spirited person, but I hate posers.

My favorites, though, are the guys on the dive boats in the Gulf who are "master scuba divers" who just wanted to get a dive in while they are on vacation. The bravado is unparalleled.

the K

I also think that too. To a certain extent these titles (misnomers in my opinion) create an illusion implying some higher level of competency for what are basically "rudimentary" courses. Often, "instructor" can be thrown into the mix.

On a funny side, one instructor in his early thirties said he had close to 7000 logged dives. Through some more probing I discovered he logged every pool session on gas to pad his logbook. He included times out of the water as surface intervals!!! :11: Grrrrrh. Mr. X

Fish_Whisperer:
LMAO!! OMG... Now THAT is a desperately sorry-azzed loser. LOL!

The remarkable thing about this fellow was that he felt OK about his BS dives in the pool. That being said can you even try to imagine inhabiting a mind which justifies a pool dive as a "real" dive. Scary stuff. Mr. X

I wish you guys would quit talking about me.

I talked to a guy today. He says he is a tech diver. ( i am not a anywhere close to being a tech diver. someday hopefully) I have seen him before at my local lake. He had the long hose and other gear. He was bragging he was a tech diver. I asked him how deep and what kind of tech diving he did, cave, penetrating wrecks, or the deeper stuff. He replied what do you mean what kind of tech stuff. the answered with hesitation cave and deep. Looked to me he was a dir wanna be. But I will keep the possibility open. Just incase he was telling the truth.

funny. your right. maybe he thinks that as well. i wasn't being a smart *** to him. i love the tech stuff. I am saving to start taking classes and to buy some new gear. I was just curious about it all. and he looked confused. like you actually have to do that kinda stuff to be tech diver. Man it was funny. He carried himself around like the stereotypical dir diver. good times.

wheelietaco:
like the stereotypical dir diver
and what is that?

again not being a smart ***. i want gue training. talked to them about prices and location. but i have read that alot of people see these guys struting around thinking they are better then everyone else. sorry if i offended anyone. again read my first line in this post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom