Knife mount for BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used zipties to attach a brass clip to each end end of the sheath of my dive knife. I then use the two clips to attach it horizontally between two of the D-rings on my BC across my chest. Just like my chest strap only looser. It is easy to reach. It is easy to see so you can put the knife back in the sheath without stabbing yourself. I have tried several different mounting points but this is by far the best I've found.

I use an old three guage console with a slate on the back and the knife on the side. It is held in place with cable ties,.

Attachments

• PICT0508.jpg
    PICT0508.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 222
I use an old three guage console with a slate on the back and the knife on the side. It is held in place with cable ties,.

Very good idea!

I use the straps on the holder shorten them attach to right sholder strap this has served me well. also use a screw clamp on waist belt.

DSC00466.jpg

hopefully this helps and the ties have been on there for a while and i havent had any problems

i know it looks like too much is attached on one side but underwater ive never had a problem with the setup...and everything is easily accessible

I've attached my knife to the right bc strap buckle. I drilled two holes through the flat part of the buckle and two corresponding holes in the stap slot on the back of the sheath. I secured the sheath upside down to the buckle using two stainless steel bolts and nuts and put a drop of lock tite on each. It's worked really well. My knife is a wenoka with a 5" blade.

I don't know about you but I hate wearing my knife on my calf. ges in the way IMO. I want to mount it to the BC. the question is HOW? does anyone have any suggestions with this? I was thinking to buy some type of strap... I have the blue reef knife and its pretty big 5" blade and I like it that way. I'm a big guy and I like big toys:D help please. thanks
Left side of waist belt in sheath on my harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom