Knife mount for BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
I don't know about you but I hate wearing my knife on my calf. ges in the way IMO. I want to mount it to the BC. the question is HOW? does anyone have any suggestions with this? I was thinking to buy some type of strap... I have the blue reef knife and its pretty big 5" blade and I like it that way. I'm a big guy and I like big toys:D help please. thanks

Before today, I have taken my knife and attached it to my low pressure inflator hose with zip-ties...

Just don't tighten them TOO much or the power inflator may not function properly.

Strange, I was getting ready to post the same thing. I'm thinking of attaching mine to my right shoulder strap of my BC with the handle facing down. I was going to use zip ties, but I'm not real sure. I just see this area as a good place to put it. It's not a very large knife (I'm not trying to compensate for something, ha ha ha). Any smarter divers tried this and seen potential problems with this area?

I had the guy in the dive shop tell me that is where he puts his knife. Oh and BTW I am trying to compensate for something. I figure that the shark has lots of big teeth and so I will carry my dagger... :)

any commercially bought straps that are recomended? thanks

I made my own strap from 2" webbing folded a few times to create a loop, then sewn.

Actually...it's more a knife holder than a strap, but the concept is similar. It really depends if you are needing to use the same holder, and what part of your particular BC you are trying to attach it to.

undrwater:
I made my own strap from 2" webbing folded a few times to create a loop, then sewn.

Actually...it's more a knife holder than a strap, but the concept is similar. It really depends if you are needing to use the same holder, and what part of your particular BC you are trying to attach it to.

THATS JUST IT... i'M MORE WHAT YOU WOULD CONSIDER A VACATION DIVER... THEREFORE i NEED TO SECURE THE KNIFE TO THE RENTAL BC. i NEED MORE OF A UNIVERSAL MOUNT.

CORALCRAZED:
I don't know about you but I hate wearing my knife on my calf. ges in the way IMO. I want to mount it to the BC. the question is HOW? does anyone have any suggestions with this? I was thinking to buy some type of strap... I have the blue reef knife and its pretty big 5" blade and I like it that way. I'm a big guy and I like big toys:D help please. thanks

I am not a DIR acolyte, but I don't spit at 'em or curse'm either:D . However, I think that they may have the knife placement thing right. I've taken to wearing mine to the left of my buckle on the waist strap in front and have found that this is a very convenient, not uncomfortable and allows for quick access with either hand. I'm not sure how comfortable this would be with a knife with a 5" blade. Not sure that a 3" vs 5" blade makes much difference to a large critter with conical shaped teeth made for ripping and shredding .

diveprof:
I am not a DIR acolyte, but I don't spit at 'em or curse'm either:D . However, I think that they may have the knife placement thing right. I've taken to wearing mine to the left of my buckle on the waist strap in front and have found that this is a very convenient, not uncomfortable and allows for quick access with either hand. I'm not sure how comfortable this would be with a knife with a 5" blade. Not sure that a 3" vs 5" blade makes much difference to a large critter with conical shaped teeth made for ripping and shredding .

hmnnn perhaps i should have gone with that 15" sword than. hey there is always the option of getting an underwater granade that will take care of some teeth... :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom